The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need help where to start.

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
Hello,

My name is Max. I have been reading through all the posts for literally the past five hours. This forum has quite a bit of great info and I hope that some of you guys can help me out in any way possible.

To start it off, I want to make 100 Million Dollars ($100,000,000) Yes, you heard/read correctly. Some of you at first might laugh or possible make fun of me saying that it is impossible or that it is just an outrageous amount of money to achieve especially since I am only 19 with such a massive goal. Some may say that I am naive that that this is something that will never happen. I on the other hand, beg to differ.

You see, this feat has been done many, many times so I know that it is not impossible by even the slightest. This is my goal and I want to achieve it, that's all there is to it.

The problem is of course how to get there. Like many people, I have a dream of getting this great deal of money with out a plan, but I am willing to take action unlike most people. I know that as of right now, I might be in the same boat as them, but soon I will be on a yacht of some sort reaping the rewards.

The conflict is not just what plan to start making, but as well as is it even achivable with that plan itself. In my views as well as most everybody's, $100 Million is an insane amount of money so not just any plan will do.

The ideas I have come up with as far as making this money as well as keeping it in the fast lane are the following:

That is all I have so far. The problem is is it even possible to make $100 Million by doing any of these things? Would I just be starting a plan just to pursure an impossible outcome?

So to summarize, I want to make $100 Million, but I do not have a plan on doing it nor do I know what kind of plan will accomplish it in the first place. Please help. Any advice is appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
So to summarize, I want to make $100 Million, but I do not have a plan on doing it nor do I know what kind of plan will accomplish it in the first place. Please help. Any advice is appreciated.

Making a plan is a good place to start. Why do you randomly want $100,000,000 though?

I'd definitely read a lot more on the forum first, as your post shows that you're focusing on all the wrong things.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Welcome to the fastlane Max. Glad to see that you have such big goals. I am also glad you listed some areas of interest. I really don't think your physical age will hold you back but I do think you have some growing to do. The journey you describe is not only one of money and wealth but it's a journey of maturity and responsibility. You need to be able to prove to yourself that you are mature enough to manage the goal and the money. We have several threads to get you on your way. We will can help you along your way but we cannnot and will not do it for you. Sounds like you need a plan.

http://www.thefastlanetomillions.co...944-goals-how-develop-your-fastlane-plan.html
http://www.thefastlanetomillions.co...on/1802-define-your-dream-plan-get-there.html

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
I made the goal to 100 million because that is how much it should take to not worry about money any longer plus it is a big challenge.

I appreciate all your responses. It really got me thinking. I also like that you gave me some examples of who achieved this goal. Now that I know it is possible the next step is to take action and learn the tricks.

Also thanks for the links aswell. I will look into those. Yes I am just asking for your help and nothing more. I am committed regardless of how farfetched this goal may seem.

I know that i should not be in it for money but let's face it that is what this forum is all about. While money is a goal here helping People and achieving success is one as well. The idea of making money is just an added bonus as well as a benchmark to measure success.

Once again thanks for all the replies.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
Hello,

My name is Max. I have been reading through all the posts for literally the past five hours. This forum has quite a bit of great info and I hope that some of you guys can help me out in any way possible.

To start it off, I want to make 100 Million Dollars ($100,000,000) Yes, you heard/read correctly. Some of you at first might laugh or possible make fun of me saying that it is impossible or that it is just an outrageous amount of money to achieve especially since I am only 19 with such a massive goal. Some may say that I am naive that that this is something that will never happen. I on the other hand, beg to differ.

You see, this feat has been done many, many times so I know that it is not impossible by even the slightest. This is my goal and I want to achieve it, that's all there is to it.

The problem is of course how to get there. Like many people, I have a dream of getting this great deal of money with out a plan, but I am willing to take action unlike most people. I know that as of right now, I might be in the same boat as them, but soon I will be on a yacht of some sort reaping the rewards.

The conflict is not just what plan to start making, but as well as is it even achivable with that plan itself. In my views as well as most everybody's, $100 Million is an insane amount of money so not just any plan will do.

The ideas I have come up with as far as making this money as well as keeping it in the fast lane are the following:

That is all I have so far. The problem is is it even possible to make $100 Million by doing any of these things? Would I just be starting a plan just to pursure an impossible outcome?

They are all very different. RE and investing can be similar as well as invention and internet business though. The two last ones are more likely to suit those willing to do startups.

Take the one you have the most natural talent for. RE and investing seems to be a lot about numbers and doing the details. The other two are more intuitive, free minded things that require some creative thought process (which does not come very easy for many people:). The same with numbers and details by the way).

Quagzmort

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Apr 9, 2008
MI
I made the goal to 100 million because that is how much it should take to not worry about money any longer plus it is a big challenge.

I am committed regardless of how farfetched this goal may seem.

I would offer the suggestion that you stop using terms like far fetched when talking about your goal. To twist Henry Ford's words, If you think it's far fetched, you're right!

I have been in the same place as you. It was pointed out to me that I always tossed in that self doubt when I talked about my dream. I had to step back and reflect on it before I really understood what that meant. I was giving myself an excuse for failure. That way if I didn't meet my goal I would be able to say, "Well, I knew it was a long shot so no big deal" or "See I didn't really fail, because it was such a far out idea."

I know now that failure is part of success and shouldn't be seen as a something that will destroy me. I now see it as "Oh, the business failed? That sucks. What can I learn from this so I don't make the same mistakes on my next idea?"

I now truly believe that I will hit my goal. I also know that obstacles are going to appear and will need to be overcome. My plan(s) do have an exit strategy. Not as a means to make excuses but as means of having options. I am well on my way to always focusing on the "how I can" instead of the "what if I can't". Once I gave up worrying about what might go wrong, a great weight was lifted from my life. One plan, one day at a time.

Just something for you to consider. Best wishes in your growth process!

Quagzmort

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The problem is is it even possible to make $100 Million by doing any of these things? Would I just be starting a plan just to pursure an impossible outcome?

Not at all ... of of these roads to wealth can lead to $100M. Sounds like you've taken the first step and isolated the correct vehicles to get you there ... my "next step" recommendation is to pick a vehicle and FOCUS on that vehicle ... educate yourself, read books, practice, network with others in that industry ... and of course, break down your goal into the smallest parts. Don't do yourself a disservice and look at the top of the mountain ($100M) ... look 3 steps in front of you and don't worry about the top ... at least yet.

Good luck and keep us posted ... hope to see you around ...

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
fanocks2003,

Thanks for putting them in groups and describing the differences in them. This will reallly help when I start to think about which "pony" I choose.

Also, what do you mean by "startups" I am assuming it would need to have a more detailed plan is that what you are getting to?

Quagzmort,

I am sorry, you must of misunderstood what I was trying to say. All that I was saying is that people might think that the goal of attaining $100 million might seem farfetched in their eyes. I on the other hand, do believe that it is attainable if taken the right action towards it. Sorry for the confusion.

PhxMJ;85736,

Ah focus, something that I am sincerely lacking. I cannot tell you how many internet business I have started and then just quitting in order to another one that eventually I quit that one till the cycle continues over and over.

This will be my hardest part as far as being mentally prepared or what not. Right now, I really do not know which one I want to do. I need to do some research on each of them and see what is required for each one. This one is going to be a tough thing to accomplish.

Yes, you made a very good point about breaking my top goal ($100 million) into smaller goals that I will achieve in a shorter time period. This reminds me of people who lose weight. They say that they want to loose 50 lbs instead of losing 3 or 4 lbs by the end of the month. It then gets them very sad ( can't think of the better word) and they give up. I am almost positive it yields the same results in the making money scene.

Just some help though. I am 19 like previously stated and I have very little money. What would you recommend me doing in terms of affording to start the vehicle. This might depend on which vehicle I choose so I am sorry I haven't picked on out yet. Should I go out and get a job and attain enough money to be able to start or what?

Also, what would be a goal that would be attainable in the next year, a realistic one so I wouldn't get discouraged. ( This is the word that I should put instead of sad when I was talking about losing weight. I have ADD, sorry)

I will indeed keep you guys posted. In fact, I think I might create another thread that tracks my success. This will not only keep you guys informed, but it will also serve as a motivation tool on my end.

This forum has a plethora of great information and I look forward to be apart of this forum as it expands and even more knowledge is posted.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
fanocks2003,

Thanks for putting them in groups and describing the differences in them. This will reallly help when I start to think about which "pony" I choose.

Also, what do you mean by "startups" I am assuming it would need to have a more detailed plan is that what you are getting to?

Startups is anything you start from scratch and make money from. Though there is a difference between starting an internet business and buying RE. If you buy RE and hold it in a holding company or something else, then that is not what I call a startup.

A startup is where you create something from scratch, you sell products and/or services of some kind. You hire people, you build a brand, you strike partnerships etc.

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
I got to admit that right now I am going through all the ideas to make this kind of money and it really seems disheartening. It seems that my chances are slim regardless of how successful I am at any of the vehicles mentioned above. I am in a rut right now.

I knew this would be the hardest part of the whole plan, coming up with a vehicle to get me to my goal. I guess I just need to do some more research and find some success stories to cheer me up.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
Thanks MJ for the encouragement. I will read some of the success stories posted here to help me get back on my feet. I will try to come up with some plan soon and you can bet it will be posted on this forum.

As always much appreciated.

I just read your article and it helped alot. It also made me realize that I can not pick a vehicle simply because I am afraid I might have more success in another vehicle. This makes me timid and overwhelmed. It's like I am scared of picking one.

This is some hurdle for me to leap over.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Thanks MJ for the encouragement. I will read some of the success stories posted here to help me get back on my feet. I will try to come up with some plan soon and you can bet it will be posted on this forum.

As always much appreciated.

I just read your article and it helped alot. It also made me realize that I can not pick a vehicle simply because I am afraid I might have more success in another vehicle. This makes me timid and overwhelmed. It's like I am scared of picking one.

This is some hurdle for me to leap over.

Yep, almost any vehicle can get you there. Depends on implementation. You are looking for something that you can start simple, make it work and then repeat and grow it massively.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Yep, almost any vehicle can get you there. Depends on implementation. You are looking for something that you can start simple, make it work and then repeat and grow it massively.

And hopefully sometihng you have a passion for or at least enjoy, otherwise you will see it as another job if you dont make it passive quick enough. Good luck!

FreedomLevel3

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
May 19, 2008
MJ,

Nice of you to share such a personal and informative story with those who are trying to 'figure it out'.
We are all in that boat to one degree or another.

Thanks,
FL3

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
Alright, so I am still having trouble deciding on what vehicle to use as a means of reaching my goal. As of right now, I have aiming for just $100,000. I know that is 1/1000 of the original goal, but I think I should start small and gradually work my way up. This is so I will not get overwhelmed. So I am putting the end goal of $100 mill in the back of my head and trying not to think about for a while.

I think I have eliminated inventing a product as that does not seem up my all and I am not really creative by any means. I might try investing later on as I do not have near enough money to invest as this point in time.

So that leads me with an internet business or real estate. Of course if you guys have another idea I would like to hear it. I may have a knack of what you say who knows.

I am a techie kind of guy, but the problem with an internet business is that it takes thinking like invention and as I said, I am not very creative. There is also a very slim chance that I will come up with an idea that will eventually reach my end goal. The positives are that I like technology and if I come up with a "facebook idea" it would be worldwide and I would enjoy that thoroughly. This also seems like the best fast lane idea as it would make money more quickly than real estate.

As for real estate, that seems kind of interesting to. So far though I do not know nearly enough about it to even start. I also do not have any money at all and I think I would have a hard time trying to afford a place to rent/buy or what not. Like I previously said, this would be a bit less fastlane as it would take longer to be able to make $100 Mill. The positives are that it doesn't require as creative thinking as an internet business and it seems that real estate is a pretty solid strategy as making money goes.

So if you have any other idea on how to make money the fastlane idea or comments on this post I would greatly appreciate it. As you can tell, I am a bit stuck right now, but I have narrowed the gap and I now have two vehicles to pick from instead of four. This, to me, is a great improvement in my eyes.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
Alright, so I am still having trouble deciding on what vehicle to use as a means of reaching my goal. As of right now, I have aiming for just $100,000. I know that is 1/1000 of the original goal, but I think I should start small and gradually work my way up. This is so I will not get overwhelmed. So I am putting the end goal of $100 mill in the back of my head and trying not to think about for a while.

I think I have eliminated inventing a product as that does not seem up my all and I am not really creative by any means. I might try investing later on as I do not have near enough money to invest as this point in time.

So that leads me with an internet business or real estate. Of course if you guys have another idea I would like to hear it. I may have a knack of what you say who knows.

I am a techie kind of guy, but the problem with an internet business is that it takes thinking like invention and as I said, I am not very creative. There is also a very slim chance that I will come up with an idea that will eventually reach my end goal. The positives are that I like technology and if I come up with a "facebook idea" it would be worldwide and I would enjoy that thoroughly. This also seems like the best fast lane idea as it would make money more quickly than real estate.

As for real estate, that seems kind of interesting to. So far though I do not know nearly enough about it to even start. I also do not have any money at all and I think I would have a hard time trying to afford a place to rent/buy or what not. Like I previously said, this would be a bit less fastlane as it would take longer to be able to make $100 Mill. The positives are that it doesn't require as creative thinking as an internet business and it seems that real estate is a pretty solid strategy as making money goes.

So if you have any other idea on how to make money the fastlane idea or comments on this post I would greatly appreciate it. As you can tell, I am a bit stuck right now, but I have narrowed the gap and I now have two vehicles to pick from instead of four. This, to me, is a great improvement in my eyes.

Why not test this one:

1) Visit getresponse.com. Start your own double opt-in list with their system. Then buy some leads (supplied by them also).
2) Go to Clickbank and become a promoter and sell stuff you believe in.

The grander the list the more potential income.

Cost: Not above $1000 at least. If you can just build up a small little list, then you can use that same list to get more cost-less readers. You use the already exisiting readers to refer more readers to you. In return they get free ebooks (you can get these free ebooks from free sources as well. Look around Google for "free ebook rights" or something similar).

Then, when you have more money coming in you have more options to either invest in RE or building an internet company or whatever picks your fancy. Hire the creative people or team up with creative forces out there and give them a piece of the action.

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
Hmm I think I may do that. I am pretty experienced with Internet marketing so I know quit a bit about clickbank and auto responders. This may be something to look into just as a source of income to be able to start a vehicle.

As for my vehicle I am pretty sure that I am going to with making some sort of internet business. I believe it should be some sort of system, but the question is what kind.

I am looking for a need as far as the internet world goes and I am going to try to fulfill it.

If you have any suggestions I would appreciate them once again.

Thanks,
Max

zauberer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
May 13, 2009
Hi Max,
May I give you you a few tips? Basically, there are only two main ways of making money. The blood sweat and tears way (well sometimes its not as bad) and the autopilot money.
The first one is where you work x amount of hours for x amount of pay. Or you may work x amount of projects for x amount of pay. Or you sell 1 product for x amount of dollars and then you have to turn around and find another customer for a new sale.

The second one is where there is little or no involvement from you, but the money keeps coming in like clockwork.

When you're first starting off with little or no money in your wallet... you'll probably do best to do a combination of both of these types of incomes.

As mentioned before...you can start by promoting clickbank products. You can SEO your landing page or you can use PPC or both to drive traffic and you can purchase leads through an email list broker.

This requires that you know and understand direct response marketing and advertising, PPC, SEO, adwords ad writing, etc. You could pay thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars to learn and study this but I'll give you information on where to get all the resources you need at no cost to you. It took me a long time to dig these gems up , years... but here they are
Join download forums like : elbitz.net , thevault.bz (you have to get an invite, go the their site and go to FAQ to learn how to get an invite), biztorrents.com , and demonoid.com

There are over a million dollars worth of resources on my hard drive that I have downloaded from these sites and have been able to implement in my Internet businesses.

Something you can do right now:
Go to thirtydaychallenge.com and follow Ed Dale's videos. He'll show you how to test a market at virtually no cost or very low cost. You'll also learn how to pick a niche that you like, SEO it and start making some passive income and build it from there.

Some resources I recommend to you when you get to thevault.bz is to download the following:
1. Mass control 2.0 by Frank kern
2. Gary Bencivenga 100 Seminar
3. John Carlton Kick a$$ Copywriting Sweatshop

Good luck,
Enigma V.

zauberer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
May 13, 2009
As for the other businesses you mentioned, like real estate and investing, I am still learning about those myself and look forward for others to chime in and point us to the right direction on getting started there.

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
I am taking the internet marketing route. I know what I am going to do, but I have a hard time staying on task.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.