The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

i need advice

Idea threads

Mr Fabio P.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Feb 19, 2020
Nocera Inferiore
hi everyone,
I'm Fabio, I'm italian and I have 25 years old. I dream to become a successful person and i have a lot of ideas in my head.
when you have a business idea what do you do?
who do you talk to?
Where do you find investors and collaborators?
I do not have money but i have to convince people to believe in the project.
do you have any advice for me?
Thanks for all those who will help me and i hope that life smile at everyone!!
Fabio.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
557%
Apr 17, 2022
I dream to become a successful person and i have a lot of ideas in my head.
As MJ said it: Ideas are pawns. Execution is king.
Don't talk to random people about your ideas. Just do them and see what happens.

@MJ DeMarco we have a problem.
Some lady is stealing your quotes.:happy:

Mr Fabio P.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Feb 19, 2020
Nocera Inferiore
As MJ said it: Ideas are pawns. Execution is king.
Don't talk to random people about your ideas. Just do them and see what happens.

@MJ DeMarco we have a problem.
Some lady is stealing your quotes.:happy:

I know I should do it but I don't know how to do it

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
May 29, 2021
I know I should do it but I don't know how to do it
Hey Fabio, here's to your future success!

You could sketch up your business idea and explain it to those who you think would benefit greatly from it (benefits, features, how it's better than what's already out there). You can then ask for a pre payment to help fund the idea explaining they'll be the first to use it and take it from there. Once they pay, your idea will be validated. It's like crowdfunding, but on a limited budget.

Mr Fabio P.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Feb 19, 2020
Nocera Inferiore
Ehi Fabio, ecco il tuo futuro successo!

Potresti abbozzare la tua idea di business e spiegarla a coloro che ritieni ne trarrebbero grandi benefici (vantaggi, caratteristiche, come è meglio di ciò che è già disponibile). Puoi quindi chiedere un pagamento anticipato per aiutare a finanziare l'idea spiegando che saranno i primi a usarla e da lì prenderla. Una volta pagati, la tua idea verrà convalidata. È come il crowdfunding, ma con un budget limitato.

Ehi Fabio, ecco il tuo futuro successo!

Potresti abbozzare la tua idea di business e spiegarla a coloro che ritieni ne trarrebbero grandi benefici (vantaggi, caratteristiche, come è meglio di ciò che è già disponibile). Puoi quindi chiedere un pagamento anticipato per aiutare a finanziare l'idea spiegando che saranno i primi a usarla e da lì prenderla. Una volta pagati, la tua idea verrà convalidata. È come il crowdfunding, ma con un budget limitato.
Voglio provarlo, do you have any sites to recommend to me?

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
May 29, 2021
Voglio provarlo, do you have any sites to recommend to me?
There are sites like Kickstarter and Crowdfund Innovations & Support Entrepreneurs you can use to fund your ideas. But the kind of testing I was talking about was something closer to home? Perhaps your new business idea is an advanced paint brush that helps professional painters paint in a soothing manner for example. You could then go to professional painters in your neighbourhood and pitch the idea to them, maybe buy them a coffee to get them there hehe.

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
i should develop the product first
Nope, still wrong. The "Build a better mousetrap..." idea has always been backwards.

Find a market. Identify a problem or need that people in that group might be willing to pay money for, provide their email address, join an online community or otherwise take a step toward paying you money in the future. The easiest of those to understand and implement is "might be willing to pay money for TODAY". Even easier is finding a market where people are already spending money (demonstrates need and willingness to pay) but aren't happy with the available products or services on the market.

There's countless threads on TFF about doing exactly that. This particular one has 65 posts explaining step by step how you'd approach identifying a product that could be successfully sold on Amazon FBA. If you don't want to do eCommerce or Amazon FBA, find another thread.

You need to make some decisions before putting even one minute into building a product or providing a service. What niches do you know? What are your skills? Offline or online? Who would buy it? Why would they buy it? And so on. All of that happens long before deciding what colors to offer for your new space age transmogrifying machine priced at $17.99 on Amazon and paying China to manufacture a thousand of them for you.

For example: Let's say you love the idea of selling print on demand T-shirts. Overly competitive and highly saturated business, but easy to understand for illustrative purposes. You should NOT start by finding ten random designs that YOU happen to like, throwing them on Printify and waiting for the bucks to roll in. Or at least treat doing that as a motivational exercise without expecting a single dollar in sales. You should start by learning how it works from someone like Sarah Chrisp. Spend hours or days absorbing what those people have to say.

Among other things, I'm super familiar with startups, technology, entrepreneurship and homeschooling. My line of T-shirts would target young girls aged 10 - 20 (I have two of them) who are interested in starting a business (also have two of those) and came from a homeschooling background (and two of those as well). Our brand identify would be quirky, nerdy, techie, punny graphics and messages for that audience. Maybe it sells, maybe it doesn't. Adjust based on market feedback until you start making money. Just like washing your hair: lather, rinse and repeat.

There's the super secret magic formula that everyone with a successful business has already learned.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
hi everyone,
I'm Fabio, I'm italian and I have 25 years old. I dream to become a successful person and i have a lot of ideas in my head.
who do you talk to?
Where do you find investors and collaborators?
I do not have money but i have to convince people to believe in the project.
do you have any advice for me?
Thanks for all those who will help me and i hope that life smile at everyone!!
Fabio.
Start doing things to test the idea, which is a hypothesis.

Hypothesis: I believe that old people are willing to pay for people fixing and troubleshooting their devices. I can train and hire a bunch of kids to do it.

Action to test: Start learning all about ios and android system. Start with phone and tablets. Approach old people to offer help for free. Look for chance to ask for payment once trust is built. Reflect the experience and decide if it is scalable. (Is it just an interesting hustle or a potential business).

The idea example isn’t by anyway great, just an illustration.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.