The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need a book that helps me with the basics of finance.

For any book discussion

Jung1233

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 26, 2022
I thought as I read 'The Fastlane'. Even if I don't start a business right away, if I do one day, I have to know about finance. That's why I get recommendations. What book should I read when I don't know the basics of finance? And since I am Korean, is it a bad choice to read other countries' financial books? I ask for a good answer.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Eholic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Apr 6, 2020
United Kingdom
I thought as I read 'The Fastlane'. Even if I don't start a business right away, if I do one day, I have to know about finance. That's why I get recommendations. What book should I read when I don't know the basics of finance? And since I am Korean, is it a bad choice to read other countries' financial books? I ask for a good answer.
The way I would go about finding information in any topic (including finance in your case) would be to use free of charge resources such as YouTube, Google etc. If you are working with a limited budget. If you are not, I can also recommend Amazon, the amount of books on there is crazy to say the least.

These are my basics of finance book recommendations:

1. The Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason
  2. Get a Financial Life by Beth Kobliner
  3. The Simple Path to Wealth by JL Collins
  4. The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas Stanley
  5. Your Money or Your Life by Vicki Robin and Joe Dominguez
  6. I Will Teach You to be Rich by Ramit Sethi
  7. The Little Book of Common Sense Investing by John Bogle
  8. Your Money and Your Brain by Jason Zweig
  9. You Can Be a Stock Market Genius by Joel Greenblatt
I the above will help you with what you are after.

Sboo92

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 6, 2022
The Netherlands
The Psychology of Money by Morgan Housel in my opinion is one of the most comprehensive and informative books on finance.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Last edited:

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
You can read:
-5 years of hard labor or 40 years in prison'' by Maxim Victor
- My Mother's Goat by Ricardo Kanniema.
- Secrets of a Millionaire Mind by Harv Eker
It is si good for finance.
The way I would go about finding information in any topic (including finance in your case) would be to use free of charge resources such as YouTube, Google etc. If you are working with a limited budget. If you are not, I can also recommend Amazon, the amount of books on there is crazy to say the least.

These are my basics of finance book recommendations:

1. The Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason
  2. Get a Financial Life by Beth Kobliner
  3. The Simple Path to Wealth by JL Collins
  4. The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas Stanley
  5. Your Money or Your Life by Vicki Robin and Joe Dominguez
  6. I Will Teach You to be Rich by Ramit Sethi
  7. The Little Book of Common Sense Investing by John Bogle
  8. Your Money and Your Brain by Jason Zweig
  9. You Can Be a Stock Market Genius by Joel Greenblatt
I the above will help you with what you are after.

Thanks for mentioning these books. .I already had the richest man in barbylon'', so I'm going to look for the others.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Eholic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Apr 6, 2020
United Kingdom
You can read:
-5 years of hard labor or 40 years in prison'' by Maxim Victor
- My Mother's Goat by Ricardo Kanniema.
- Secrets of a Millionaire Mind by Harv Eker
It is si good for finance.

Thanks for mentioning these books. .I already had the richest man in barbylon'', so I'm going to look for the others.
You are welcome!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.