The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I love Mondays

Anything related to matters of the mind

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
I'm sitting in my 9-5, drinking my coffee and (not) looking forward to another mindless week, selling my time for a (relative) pittance, making the executives and shareholders of this company richer, on the back of my work.

And yet, I'm sitting here with a smile on my face, and loving Mondays.

Am I just another happy ignorant employee? Yeah, right - that's not me, never again. I'm working my a$$ off outside hours, getting my fastlane road built, brick by yellow brick, and this morning, while it's not even 10am (in my timezone), I've already made more money from my fastlane endeavours than Im going to make selling my time in this job today.

It doesn't happen every day - yet - but it's little glimpses of what can be (what WILL be) that keep me going, especially when things aren't quite going right, when it seems like it's so much work and effort and yet nothing's happening. When everything seems to be a standstill, and not going right...

So I love Mondays - and I hope you're loving yours. And if not, why not? Get cracking. If I can do this working a full time job, at 37 years of age, with 2 kids, a big mortgage, and various other "excuses" - then you can bet your sweet potato that you can do it too.

All the best.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
If I can do this working a full time job, at 37 years of age, with 2 kids, a big mortgage, and various other "excuses" - then you can bet your sweet potato that you can do it too

Just wanted to quote this part. More people need to realize this, and stop making excuses.

A friend of mine once told me, "You'll either find a way, or you'll find an excuse."

No F*cking excuses. Speed +

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It's truly a revelation when one realizes on Sunday evening that "hey, I'm actually LOOKING FORWARD to the Monday tomorrow!" -- and on the flip side, Friday afternoon holds no superior significance as it normally does for everyone else. THIS is the Fastlane and notice, it has nothing to do with money.

Twiki

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Oct 7, 2012
I'm not in fastlane yet, only self-employed, but I can relate to the loving Monday thing. "Weekdays" are cool because you can go do stuff that people usually do on their precious little weekends, and there's fewer crowds, you start to feel like a retired person... if you feel like taking off, you just go to a Tuesday matinee among all the senior citizens.

The flip side is that I have developed a terrible feeling of being repulsed by all people when I see them stumbling about after TGIF Happy Hour, or shuffling aimlessly about the shopping district with their families in their shorts and sandals and casual weekend wear, desperately "enjoying" their time off. It's so depressing that I usually just go to my office and get work done on the weekends just to avoid the stupid weekend TV and the depressing weekend people shuffling about and stuffing their little faces at their forced Sunday brunches. I'm a horrible person.

Hey here is a great song about this topic, lyrics included (play very loud):

[video=youtube;qK2Z91J4BJE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK2Z91J4BJE[/video]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
So today the Reserve Bank of Australia decided to keep interest rates level instead of lowering them. And for the first time EVER I was glad!

Every time the RBA lowers the interest rate, the AU dollar falls against the USD, meaning it costs me more to buy from overseas. And that makes me sad (read: cuts into my margin).

Most of my friends on Facebook are whinging that the rates didn't drop (we're most of us in our 30's, and have mortgages after all), and here I am, secretly resentful that they didn't raise them, haha.

I love Tuesdays too it seems.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.