Perfectlytimed
New Contributor
- Joined
- Jun 2, 2013
- Messages
- 8
Rep Bank
$65
$65
User Power: 50%
A little about me
I'm a 17 year old Qatari, living in Qatar (as you can guess). Hopefully in the next few months I'll be graduating high school with my diploma. From there I'm hoping to study economics abroad and I know I'm going to get bashed for this, but hear me out. All my university expenses will be paid by the government, so I won't be in debt after I'm done with my studies, and I'll get to experience something a little different (It can get a little boring here).
I stumbled upon this site around a year ago, and I can whole heartily say that I've literally read most of the threads, except for the "insider" threads ... hoping to be a member of that soon.
Anyways, I've always been interested in starting a business, and I feel that there's a lot that can be done in my country. Since the economy is booming and literally a quarter of the population are considered millionaires (no joke). In addition, foreigners can't have a business without a Qatari citizen having 51% of it (government law to help the locals), this sorta eliminates competition, and you tend to have amateurish businesses. So there's a lot that can be done.

I'd love to get some advice, in different books you'd recommend for a beginner like me. Also I'd appreciate some mentoring advice for someone just starting out.
Any responses will be greatly appreciated !!!

I'm a 17 year old Qatari, living in Qatar (as you can guess). Hopefully in the next few months I'll be graduating high school with my diploma. From there I'm hoping to study economics abroad and I know I'm going to get bashed for this, but hear me out. All my university expenses will be paid by the government, so I won't be in debt after I'm done with my studies, and I'll get to experience something a little different (It can get a little boring here).
I stumbled upon this site around a year ago, and I can whole heartily say that I've literally read most of the threads, except for the "insider" threads ... hoping to be a member of that soon.
Anyways, I've always been interested in starting a business, and I feel that there's a lot that can be done in my country. Since the economy is booming and literally a quarter of the population are considered millionaires (no joke). In addition, foreigners can't have a business without a Qatari citizen having 51% of it (government law to help the locals), this sorta eliminates competition, and you tend to have amateurish businesses. So there's a lot that can be done.


I'd love to get some advice, in different books you'd recommend for a beginner like me. Also I'd appreciate some mentoring advice for someone just starting out.
Any responses will be greatly appreciated !!!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
