The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I have to do an Internship for my Masters. Should I do a tech internship or more something in the direction of consulting ?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Losspost

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 6, 2020
Hey,
For my masters in Micro and Nanosystems I have to complete a 4-6 month internship. Right now I am not sure what that best choice would be.
My three ideas are:
1. Startup from my university.
+ start up feeling and know how
+ often smaller and closer to university
- low pay
2. Normal Tech company
+ Well known, good for resumes (Through does it really matter when I want to create my own business?)
+ Good pay
- harder to get in
- hard to know what task I will get
3. (tech) Consulting
I am not that sure about this one. On the one hand I want to learn how consulting is and on the other hand I was hoping to at least get some experience regarding entrepreneurship while doing consulting.

What would you suggest?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

suvv

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Dec 12, 2015
I'm no expert here, but I'd probably say option A.
Considering they are with your university, you have a better opportunity of learning new things and experimenting - as opposed to working with a normal company who may (as someone who's an outsider, take me with a grain of salt) have things dumbed down for their workers, or even worse: "I want this done. Figure out how."
By working with a startup, you may notice what they're doing right or wrong as a business. Just my opinion.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.