The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I have finally accepted my biggest barrier

Anything related to matters of the mind

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
My biggest barrier is not motivation... since I have a lot of drive. I actually think this is my biggest asset (pillar). I wake up every morning very excited to keep building and to move forward to reach my goals.

My map and action are not quite as strong but because of my motivation and drive I am able to work hard and get things done. I have clear cut goals. Some could be better and I am working on that.

But it is apparent to me now that my state of mind, although my motivation and drive is strong, is not where it needs to be. What I mean is that my emotions can easily get the best of me. From the outside I may appear to be fine from a 3rd person but I tend to get down easily if something goes wrong. I get frustrated when things aren't going my way. My wife or friend might be complaining and I tend to fall into the trap.

I recognize this afterwords and realize I should have reacted differently. Instead of falling to their level and being upset too, I need to be able to step outside of myself and think more objectively.

I need to learn to harness my emotions and release them in a more positive and more efficient manner. I am currently trying to use techniques to bring myself to the desired state permanently. I think of this as like a muscle. You have to work and train and condition it.

I think my overall state of mind needs a lot of improvement. I find myself overwhelmed with negativity. One of the things I know is to surround yourself with people you want to be like. Or surround yourself with successful people, upbeat people, positive people, etc. Unfortunately it's not that easy... as a lot of the people I come in contact with daily are downers. This actually "lately" has motivated me to help them and I feel I am working in the right direction. Instead of getting suckered into conversations of pure negativity, I want to offer solutions, help those rationalize the situation they are in and so forth.

Although I recognize this, and I know where I want to be, and I have been practicing and trying to force myself into this state, I see this as just the beginning... as if I am on a training regiment.

I would like to know if others battle with this and if so how do they work through it, or if some feel this is their strong suit. If so, I would love to hear some techniques and ideas on how I can help condition myself to become more upbeat and have plenty of positive energy.

I believe with this transition I will have all my pillars in place to succeed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
I think the best way to eliminate negative thinking is by developing your inner optimist. If you are ever in a situation where something goes bad say to yourself "It could of been worse." Also remember that someone somewhere is in a worse situation than you are.

Negativity is one of those things that affect your entire mentality. I have trained myself to let the negativity go through one ear and out the other. It could be that I am also an easy going person. Whenever you find yourself being negative, STOP, and think "I'm wasting my time and energy being negative, let's find the good from this situation."

Surrounding yourself with positive, upbeat, successful people does wonders for you. I was fortunate enough to be invited to a Lamborghini Holiday Party this past Saturday and all I can say is I did not hear one negative sentence come out of anyone. What I saw was everyone inspiring one another, laughter and smiles. Even though the weather was crap, and fewer people came than expected, everyone had a good time. I think a great way to get rid of your negativity is meet positive and upbeat people, keep a positive attitude (even in the worst situations ) and try to make a joke out of it.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Good job. Recognition is the first step toward correcting a weakness. I am pretty sure that most people deal with this. Some are more advanced at handling it than others.

For me, recognizing my triggers has helped me deal with this and to avoid those triggers. Another thing for me was to realize most stress and negativity come from unrealized expectations. Sometimes my expectations were for perfection and nothing less. Many times that expectation was too high. I had to learn that there are times where 80% is very good enough and move on. Also, I had to learn that I cannot unreasonably project and push my expectations on other people. They are human, they will make mistakes. Life is not perfect and success is not linear. You sound like you need to learn how to forgive yourself and others when things don't goas expected. :cheers:

mosaic

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Dec 19, 2009
have you read a book called the "power of Now" by eckart tolle. Just believe in yourself and never I stress never give up. I dont know you personally of course yet I know you can make your dreams a reality... I have no massive talent at any particular discipline, yet I am some what successful in regards to my finances and life in general> I never give up and laugh when people say I cant.. I can........ I have fauled many a time at a plethora of things yet I learn from failure and feed off it like a rabid dog cheers

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
You are way ahead of those downers.

I had the same emotion before. Those are long gone after I started working as volunteer at charity.

I really appreciate those homeless people, sick people and poor people I served. I don't mean to offense them, but I consider them as downers / negative persons. Many of them choose to be poor. No matter how much you help them, they will still be the same. They constantly remind me that they are the people I don't want to be.

I also went to hospital to get inspired by those people who are at the end of life. They have very strong desire to survive and wanted to start over if they can. They motivate me that I have nothing to lose and don't give up. Those are the people I hope I have the power to give them a new life. I feel energized and positive that I can do something to help those people who are willing to help themselves.

Now I appreciate what I don't have and give out what I have, I have become a better positive person.

Just remember there are negative people out there don't deserve your help. They made their choice. You are living in a higher class live. You can only do so much.

After all, it's a selfish world. You live your life. Not their life.

I hope I explain right.

TOLDUSO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 29, 2008
New Orleans
I live by the fact of what LamboMan said. No matter how bad things get, someone somewhere has it 10 times worse and is coping.

I had a mentor that used to always say "From the day of your birth to the day you ride in a hearse, there's nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse."

One piece of advice for you to use when you get down, is to turn that negative feeling into an idea. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many things have been invented out of frustration or anger. Lol. These things are typically such simple ideas that most overlook them but can be worth millions to the one who has the motivation to create a fix.

Cat Man Du

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 30, 2007
How do you keep & stay motivated? The underlines are my editing.

Your Belief Becomes Your Reality
by Brian Tracy

"Money never starts an idea; it's the idea that starts the money." -Mark Victor Hansen
One of the most powerful personal programming activities you can engage in is positive self-talk. Be your own cheerleader and talk to yourself positively all of the time.

The Determinant of Your Success

Perhaps the most powerful single factor in your financial success is your beliefs about yourself and money. We call this the Law of Belief. It says simply this: Whatever you believe, with feeling, becomes your reality. Whatever you intensely believe becomes your reality. That we have a tendency to block out any information coming in to us that is inconsistent with our reality.

What Successful People Believe

What we've discovered is that successful people absolutely believe that they have the ability to succeed. And they will not entertain, think about, or talk about the possibilities that they'll fail. They do not even consider failure.

Positive Thinking Versus Positive Knowing

You always act in a matter consistent with your beliefs. The most important belief system you can build is a prosperity consciousness where you absolutely believe that you are going achieve your financial goals. We call this positive knowing versus positive thinking. Positive thinking can sometimes be wishing or hoping. But positive knowing is when you absolutely know that no matter what, you will be successful.

The Foundation of Willpower

Another principle related to your beliefs is willpower. We know that willpower is essential to any success. Willpower is based on confidence. It's based on conviction. It's based on faith. in your ability to triumph over all [/B]obstacles. And you can develop willpowerIt's based on your belief by persistence, by working on your goals, by reading the biographies of successful people, by listening to audio programs, by reading books about people who've achieved success. The more information you take into your mind consistent with success, the more likely it is that you will develop the willpower to push you through the obstacles and difficulties you will experience.

Beat the Odds on Success

Remember that success is rare. Only one person in one hundred becomes wealthy in the course of a lifetime. Only five percent achieve financial independence. That means that the odds against you are 19-to-1. The only way that you're going to achieve your financial goals is if you get really serious. To succeed, you must get serious. You must get busy. You must get active. You must get going. Remember, everything counts.
Resolve to Achieve Greatly

Self-mastery, self-control, and self-discipline are essential for anyone who wants to achieve greatly. And control over your thoughts is the hardest exercise in self-mastery that you will ever engage in. See if you can talk and think about only what you desire and not talk or think about anything that you don't want for 24 hours. Then you'll see what you're really made of. It's a hard thing to do but with practice, you can reach the point where you are thinking about your goals and desires most of the time. Then, your whole life will change for the better.

Action Exercises

Here are two things you can do to build a belief system consistent with the financial success you desire:

First, continually repeat to yourself the words, pictures and thoughts consistent with your dreams and goals. Whatever you repeat often enough, over and over, becomes a new belief.

Second, set a goal for yourself to think and talk only about the things that you want for the next 24 hours. This will be one of the hardest things you ever do. But if you can keep your mind on what you want and off of what you don't want for 24 hours, you can begin to change your entire future.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.