The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I have business/startup ideas for US/Canada

Idea threads

livelong_0331

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 3, 2021
Busan, South Korea
you could think my idea stupid, but consider trying this idea in real life.
south korea, where i live, train networks are highly developed unlike north america.
I've seen trucking videos in youtube, driving through huge american continent, and sometimes drive to canada and mexico.
while watching some videos, i found that majority of those truck's passenger seat remains empty, and i thought that would be a great waste if there are remained seats like those.
so I come up with an idea that making a car sharing app of trukers. like UBER but passengers can select from intended trip of truckers.
if you're interested in this and want futher details, please contact me via hoseogsin62@gmail.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theOfficialRJ

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 31, 2017
Canada
south korea, where i live, train networks are highly developed unlike north america.
I've seen trucking videos in youtube, driving through huge american continent, and sometimes drive to canada and mexico.
while watching some videos, i found that majority of those truck's passenger seat remains empty, and i thought that would be a great waste if there are remained seats like those.
so I come up with an idea that making a car sharing app of trukers. like UBER but passengers can select from intended trip of truckers.
if you're interested in this and want futher details, please contact me via hoseogsin62@gmail.com
I love the idea. You would have to do a lot of research on the legalities of it since most truckers drive for a company, and the companies may not be ok with them picking up passengers due to all sorts of reasons like insurance and whatnot. But definitely worth looking into.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
This is actually a really good idea but the above poster pointed out why this would get squashed in the US, but maybe worth poking head into maybe could tweak with similar concept without so much legalities in the way.

Kgatewood

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 17, 2021
This is actually a really good idea but the above poster pointed out why this would get squashed in the US, but maybe worth poking head into maybe could tweak with similar concept without so much legalities in the way.
So I work at NFM sadly, worst place ever. Anyways, we get these trucks over at the carpet warehouse, and one of the guys who parked the truck had no clue we’re any restaurants we’re because he doesn’t live in Omaha and he didn’t have any food with him so he asked to use our vending machine. Well three days later it hit me after I drove past the semi parking lot on my way to work. What if you provide housing and food for a certain price. That way there more comfortable and not sleeping in their trucks.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
This is actually a very clever idea. You'd need to check the legalities for countries and companies who'd accept a service like that. There's definitely a big need for that, especially around today's age.

livelong_0331

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 3, 2021
Busan, South Korea
I love the idea. You would have to do a lot of research on the legalities of it since most truckers drive for a company, and the companies may not be ok with them picking up passengers due to all sorts of reasons like insurance and whatnot. But definitely worth looking into.
i had no intentions to realize this idea in my real life, because i'm not canadian or US citizen, submitted this post just to watch the reactions of people about my Idea. maybe you could try this 'cause you're canadian. thanks!

livelong_0331

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 3, 2021
Busan, South Korea
This is actually a very clever idea. You'd need to check the legalities for countries and companies who'd accept a service like that. There's definitely a big need for that, especially around today's age.
glad you have a positive opinion about my idea! i posted this to watch peoples' opinion about my idea. thanks!

livelong_0331

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 3, 2021
Busan, South Korea
So I work at NFM sadly, worst place ever. Anyways, we get these trucks over at the carpet warehouse, and one of the guys who parked the truck had no clue we’re any restaurants we’re because he doesn’t live in Omaha and he didn’t have any food with him so he asked to use our vending machine. Well three days later it hit me after I drove past the semi parking lot on my way to work. What if you provide housing and food for a certain price. That way there more comfortable and not sleeping in their trucks.
Love's is doing that already. thanks for your advice!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

This is a great idea. It's not new, but it works and you or anyone reading here can get into it.

This is basically a truck stop... And/or a motel. Lots of people have gotten fantastically rich from both!

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
glad you have a positive opinion about my idea! i posted this to watch peoples' opinion about my idea. thanks!
It has potential as it's very trendy now to live like a minimalist aka live like a monk, especially amongst many YouTubers who are travelling around the world with little money. So if they'd use some of your services, you're going to grow users like crazy.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
This is a great idea. It's not new, but it works and you or anyone reading here can get into it.

This is basically a truck stop... And/or a motel. Lots of people have gotten fantastically rich from both!

I stayed in a Route 66 old school motel that is now on a major highway for a month this year when moved to Tulsa. This place was packed and and learned there were a few seasons but constantly full due to construction crews and people just passing through. It was a Patel region of India owned and very systematic in operations. I always wondered if there was serious money in these motels and if feasible to have like a chain of them.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I stayed in a Route 66 old school motel that is now on a major highway for a month this year when moved to Tulsa. This place was packed and and learned there were a few seasons but constantly full due to construction crews and people just passing through. It was a Patel region of India owned and very systematic in operations. I always wondered if there was serious money in these motels and if feasible to have like a chain of them.
100% feasible, 100% making money.

Doesn't have to be new and shiny to make someone rich. Check out some of the billionaires in the gas station, convenience store, motels, and similar industries. There are quite a few.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.