Hello all!
Someone on another forum recommended this book to me...I checked it out, and read it in two sittings.
The past few months have actually led me up to this book/board. Ive been working a lame service industry job for about 7yrs now. Reason being that I dropped out of College back when I was 20 because I didnt really see a point in what I was doing, I never really wanted to have a square job. At the time my dad told me to drop out for the fact that he thought getting out and working and talking to people would get me motivated.
Well, it did. I went back to school about 3yrs later, but shortly after he got sick...and I dropped back out to take care of him. Fast forward to now...Im still at the stupid job.
I plan on putting my two weeks in tomorrow (its a restaurant gig, so I can always get another if needed). I have about a years worth of money saved up and no real bills outside of the necessary ones (rent, gas/heat).
Im fortunate enough to have grown up w/ a father that pretty much taught me the fastlane mentality. His goal was always freedom, and he accomplished it...So I know it can happen. My girlfriend also looks at life the same way, and actually encouraged me to quit.
Plans:
1. Start a eCommerce site
2. Finish school
3. Profit!?
Hope that wasnt too long.
From what ive seen this forum is a decent place, so I plan to stick around.
Thanks
Someone on another forum recommended this book to me...I checked it out, and read it in two sittings.
The past few months have actually led me up to this book/board. Ive been working a lame service industry job for about 7yrs now. Reason being that I dropped out of College back when I was 20 because I didnt really see a point in what I was doing, I never really wanted to have a square job. At the time my dad told me to drop out for the fact that he thought getting out and working and talking to people would get me motivated.
Well, it did. I went back to school about 3yrs later, but shortly after he got sick...and I dropped back out to take care of him. Fast forward to now...Im still at the stupid job.
I plan on putting my two weeks in tomorrow (its a restaurant gig, so I can always get another if needed). I have about a years worth of money saved up and no real bills outside of the necessary ones (rent, gas/heat).
Im fortunate enough to have grown up w/ a father that pretty much taught me the fastlane mentality. His goal was always freedom, and he accomplished it...So I know it can happen. My girlfriend also looks at life the same way, and actually encouraged me to quit.
Plans:
1. Start a eCommerce site
2. Finish school
3. Profit!?
Hope that wasnt too long.
From what ive seen this forum is a decent place, so I plan to stick around.
Thanks
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
