The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I got on the train!

Anything related to matters of the mind

FriendlyVillain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Apr 9, 2019
In August last year I joined the FastLane forum, where I found a lot of people were quitting their jobs to chase their dreams. I remember secretly being jealous, as I thought I would never do that...

I'm currently working on a website focused towards real estate agents, but I do it after work. I started from the ground up- knowing nothing about how to build a website, how to edit code, how to provide value. However, little by little I can feel the dots connecting in my mind. I was working on my website the whole day the other day. It was Sunday. I didn't feel as if I was working. I was enjoying it.

Here comes Monday, and suddenly I am at the office doing what I don't want to do. It was only 2 hours in, and I was completely bored. I thought to myself: "now is as good a time as any". So, I handed my notice letter to my boss.

I've been thinking about leaving work for so long, so this move was sort of planned. The situation I am in currently is quite interesting I think. I have my website, and I have noticed whenever I start working hard on it, I see results. However, work was exhausting me mentally, as I was doing something I did not want to. I had to remove it from the equation.

The plan is to focus on the website for a month, see how things unfold. Even if that fails, I plan on either freelancing, or finding a remote job. I had to quit that job, as it was leading to a path I don't wanna walk. So I went all in. Thinking back to myself a year ago, i would have never thought I would be able to do that back then. It definitely takes courage.

I am 24 years now, and currently live with my parents (left my flat a month ago :( ). I have no debt whatsoever, and I have saved a bit of money, that should allow me to live comfortably for the next few months.

However, I noticed something else started happening inside of me. Thoughts like "am I good enough?", "what if that was the wrong move?", "you had a good paying job, considering your experience" have started occupying my brain. I tend to laugh at them. After all, reality is so subjective that you can make it up what you want it to be. I don't know what is going to happen now. I just know I would rely purely on myself. It is freeing and frightening at the same time. I don't think it's gonna be easy.

On a bright note, the more I work out the business logic of my website, the more I have started seeing it as a game. It has its rules, and it seems like everyone successful follows them. So, I would find an entrepreneur that I look up to, and pretty much mimic his thought process. I'm quite competitive character thanks to playing sports all my life. I know it's a process. It might not happen now, it might not happen next year, but it will happen.

Let me share a technique I have been using for decision-making. So, whenever I hesitate about doing something, I think of what would myself 10 years from now want me to do in this very moment. I don't want to live a life full of regret. This framework gives me exactly that- clarifying the life I want to live. I have been using it for a few years now, and looking back- I really don't regret the decisions I have taken so far, since I have started using it. Hopefully, it would help someone.

If you have made it up to this line, I would like to thank you. My thoughts are currently a bit chaotic, so I do realize it might not have been the easiest read. You would probably hear a lot more from me here, so until next time ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Hi and welcome to the forum, good advice about decision making. I think it was @Kak who said if you are not scared shitless you are not trying hard enough. So true.

FriendlyVillain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Apr 9, 2019
Hi and welcome to the forum, good advice about decision making. I think it was @Kak who said if you are not scared shitless you are not trying hard enough. So true.

Yeah, I will definitely need to keep some spare pants around :eyes:. But as Dan Pena said- success leaves trails. I'm just trying to follow them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.