The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I don't understand what exactly is a lead generation business

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015
Hello,

To make things clear I know what is lead generation and I know how "some" lead generation business models work.

The reason I'm writing this is because in the book MJ DeMarco explains that he makes money selling the leads created through his limousine searching services, and this is what confuses me.

As I understood it (English is not my first language), MJ DeMarco has a website where people can make searches to book limousines.

Then I guess he has a client database and when a business contacts him he sents a certain number of these clients to the business and gets money in exchange.

But how to capture leads? Do people need to register introducing their personal information?

Thanks in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Lead generation means getting a potential customer for a business and them paying a fee.

The way some LG companies work is that a person registers their e-mail address with the site and their e-mail is sent to a company or group of companies. The companies pay a fee per address they get and they attempt to convert the person into a buyer. Another model is to pay per conversion (per good lead), instead of per lead.

There's a lot of ways to capture leads. I met a guy who did this through Internet surveys to capture e-mail addresses, and then would sell those leads to different people for as low as a cent to as high as $300. It depended on who the buyers were and what the leads were most likely to buy. My plastic surgeon lead gen business (which flopped because I didn't know a damn thing about lead gen and traffic) got people in through a form that asked what kind of procedure they wanted a quote for and their geo area. Then I showed them surgeons, who paid a fee to be listed on the site, and then paid a fee if they were contacted.

Also, your post is in present tense, as if MJ still uses lead gen to make money. He doesn't, he sold that business nearly a decade ago.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015
:D That's probably because I was visualizing the business in my mind while typing and that caused to write in the present.

And that's probably what confused me, I visualized his business as a Google search for limos where you can be anonymous to get results but I guess you're right, having any sort of easy and fast register process would have been enough to capture leads.

Thanks for your explanation, I like the use of surveys it's very clever.

I know guys that use mobile games and apps to bring traffic to CPA offers, but they're not capturing any of the leads, maybe I can do something about that :greedy:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.