The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

I can manufacture jeans/denim clothes better and cheaper than most. How can I sell LOADS?

gallagher99

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 18, 2015
Hey guys. Long story short.

I'm brazilian, my jeans clothing store is in Rio de Janeiro. I have 27 years old. The company was from my family and I'm assuming the company after 7 years of hard working (helping) with them.

My family had 40 years of INDUSTRY and Commerce of denim/jeans, where they manufactured for big companies here (b2b) and for there own store (local b2c) it was A HUGE success, I mean REALLY HUGE there was buses outside the door, we opened sometimes at 3am because there was a bus full of people from 12+ hour distance outside wanting to buy. But sadly after years they broke and they are bankrupted (long story) and the brand is damaged, but still alive and people from the city recognize, because it was a really really big hit here.

I decided to move on by continuing the brand since it was a huge success, but sadly I'm REALLY small right now. Lost like 75% of the physical/space size (of the store) and probably 90% of the revenue.

40 years of creating and manufacturing jeans is a long time. I'm learning a lot with my father again. But so far I don't have any BIG sales not counting the store sales (where I sell like 1 or 2 pieces of clothes for a person and the revenue yet is not really big so far).

So, in resume: I'm continuing the brand from my family. I have the jeans store/shop (revenue is not yet the amount of money I want). But I also have the industry (it is in the back of the store) where I have my father's 40 years old jeans manufacturing know-how. In the meantime i'm giving shots to e-commerce and internet sales (not even 5% of the sales I wish)

I want to sell products to a big company, by creating WHATEVER piece of denim/jeans clothing that they want. I can have a really good price. And I have the know-how and the machines.

So, how can I sell better ? How can I sell to another countries? How to get a big sale?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
I know jeans are expensive in Western Europe. Maybe someone there can chip in with an answer on why is it? It might be a tariff thing which is hard to work around. This could be a good opportunity for expansion.
All I know is when I was in college my friends from Norway and Germany would buy tons of jeans in the US and bring them back home for family and friends since they were half the cost they would be if they bought them back home. I've heard the same thing with my friend who has cousins in Italy-- they buy tons of clothes when they are hear to bring back home.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs yearly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.