The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Accept This

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

RunWithIt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 23, 2016
Canada
The last few days I have been thinking more so than normal about why I don't socialize with most coworkers, Its not that I don't get along well with the main guys but I don't go out of my way to stop and chat with anyone unless its about work. Today it hit me.

For the last 5 years I have worked in 2 fields, Oil and Gas and Civil Construction.

My first Oil Field job was with one of the top 3 producers in the world and with that came all the politics and HR bull shit but I powered through that no problem, where I stood out was I didn't care to go out and party and get belligerent with all the other guys ( ive never seen such recklessness with money as here ), I didn't talk shit at every turn, I worked hard, I hit the gym when possible, and I made money. That's all I was there for, I don't enjoy drinking more than 2-3 so I don't go out when I know what will come of it, I was bugged a little about this but I held my own and never let it bother me to much.

After the Oil collapse I secured a Project Manager position with a local company ( this is a "title" I still work on heavy equipment or run it if need be ) There is still the same mentality here but definitely not to the same extreme as the oil field and I enjoy working along side these guys substantially more,

What I realized today is I simply don't share the same interests as these guys, I have always been inside my own head thinking of ways to be free of it all, how to get the money, what can I invent, how can I get the money, its all I've really ever thought about ( not exclusively but you get my drift ) I value my money to much to be spending it going out for drinks and on random girls or what have you. Granted I have fell into some traps being the vehicles and toys but I am for the most part getting rid of what's not important so I can focus on what is important.

I don't seek a Lambo or the million dollar home I seek freedom and thanks to the millionaire fastlane and this forum I am feeling a little bit closer to that each and everyday.

P.S I am on page 259 of the book, So not completely finished but getting there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Javier Avalos

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 3, 2016
I found out early on that the people who you hang around with will make our an average = you.
It sucks to be around people who don't share the same visions as you, even more when the common reason for being brought together is money. Unlike the misconception people might have about both the book and this forum this is about a lifestyle. Best of luck!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.