The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I’ve made my decision. I’m changing lane, to the fastlane that is!

tido

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 11, 2013
Houston
I’ve read Napoleon Hill, countless Robert Kiyosaki books, Donald Trump, Tim Ferris, Seth Godin, Micheal Gerber and many others but none has the same effect on me as MJ’s The Millionaire Fastlane . It is a wake-up call that’s long over due. Before I turn on my changing lane signal, I suppose an introduction is in order.

Hi, I’m a 32 years old slowlane driver from Houston. Before MJ’s book, I thought I had done everything recommended by the gurus out there. Do what you love, get a great education, get into the biggest corporation, climb the corporate ladder, max out your 401K and Roth, hang out on bogleheads forum, cut up your credit cards and follow the typical Asian mentality to save, save and save some more. For better or worse, I married another slowlaner. I held an engineer title at one of the biggest construction company in the world. My significant other held a professional degree and working for a midsize corporation to make sure that our 401K’s and benefits are secured. We’ve shared the belief and promise of the slowlane mantra and it has been working out well for us, until now.

With our child at 1 year old, I realized that my 7 – 5, 6 days a week for years on end has taken a toll on us. I also realized that time not money is the most important asset that one can ask for. I yearn for freedom, free from being a wage slave, free to spend quality with my family and not have to worry if I have enough PTO.

I’ve seen colleagues being miserable and doomed with poor health and illnesses looking forward to their golden years after decades of jail time in their cubicles. I’ve also heard of some who died at their desk with a heart attack when their grand exit, the retirement party is 2 weeks away. I shuddered at the thought that this is my chosen path.

Enough is enough, I’m changing lane. I hope I will spend my time here wisely to absorb all the great knowledge on this forum and put it to work ASAP. I also promise to contribute as much of my still limited knowledge to help others like me to finally realize that the fastlane is the only lane to the land of freedom.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...