The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How would you go about turning a consultancy business into a fastlane

kevinsheridan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 12, 2012
Hi Folks,

How would you go about turning a sourcing consultancy into a fastlane business?

Anybody in the USA interested in teaming up with a European based business?

Kevin

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NormanAvila

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 10, 2012
Hey Kevin,

Just wanted to let you know that I trust in your idea, turning a consultancy business into a fastlane can be achieved with consistent, hard work. I also love the idea of someone jumping into consultancy, you also learn on the way, earn your profits and still in the position of being your own boss.

So I wish you success with this idea!

Regards,
Norm

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
What is the sales volume/profit of the European based Business now?

Lgallion

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 2, 2012
How would you go about turning a sourcing consultancy into a fastlane business?
It depends on the type of sourcing but 1) could you franchise the concept, 2) open multiple branch offices, 3) automate the process with a web service or 4) create a sourcing training course and sell that.

cliqflip

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Feb 21, 2012
Orange County
First, get out of the consulting business and into the owning a consulting business.

Don't do any more consulting personally, hire people that do that for you and expand from there. (As well as all the stuff mentioned above)

Entourage

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Sep 12, 2012
I've been on the same road, a national television station asked me if I wanted to work as a salesman for them, selling their advertisement space to third parties. I still do this, but now I charge more to the client ;)

You can make a consultancy business fastlane, it's all about scaling it as others have mentioned earlier.

Felix II

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 6, 2010
Read this book:
Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You

It's a great book that presents a fictional case study of a business that goes from a business that requires the owner to run (and thus can't scale) to a business that is fully automated by the the employees.

Not only does it provide good ideas, but it is a fun read.

evanwebb

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 31, 2011
Austin, TX
Read this book:
Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You

It's a great book that presents a fictional case study of a business that goes from a business that requires the owner to run (and thus can't scale) to a business that is fully automated by the the employees.

Not only does it provide good ideas, but it is a fun read.

I agree. The fictional case study applies to consultancies very easily. If you follow what the book describes, then rather than selling at the "end of the story" you would be in a good position to duplicate it in other markets.

Also, the guy at marketingwizdom.com in the UK took his consultancy business and turned it into a fastlane business by scaling away from 1-on-1 consulting into seminars. Same info, bigger audience. Imitate him.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.