The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Write a Bestselling Kindle Book, as told by a Copywriting Legend

Sam Beddall

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
May 9, 2014
England, UK
So I was reading through Gary Halbert' s Boron Letters again today and one of the chapters hit me in the face.

Throughout the book Gary talks about building and selling targeted reports to various audiences via direct mail, with very specific tips on every step of the process. Albeit outdated in some of its vocab and approaches, it suddenly hit me that the underlying process that Gary was talking about was priceless for self-publishing authors!

The ridiculously simple steps looked something like this:

- Find a category/genre you are enthusiastic about and/or think you have a chance of selling in.

- Buy and read the top 3 or 4 books in your chosen category/genre and take notes on the best bits of each.

- Create a blueprint for your own book, weaving all of the best bits of your competitors' work into a coherent pattern that makes sense and helps your prospective readers in a much more concentrated (read: effective) way than the other books.

- Get writing. Fill in the blanks.

Artistic? Perhaps, yet not in the conventional sense. Smart? Indefinitely.

Oh and if you're writing fiction this way I strongly recommend you check out Lester Dent' s Master Fiction Plot formula (just google it). I'm using it at the moment while I'm travelling around Australia, scaling up the word counts he recommends in order to write something slightly larger

Now, just to sell your work... Plenty of threads to help with that.

Best of luck. Keep it simple. Remember that complexity breeds fear. Anticipation is your enemy. A calm mind is all you need.

Do it now!

Sam

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Do it now. YES!
Why is it that this is so hard in the world of writing?
Thanks for the motivator.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.