The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to validate an idea quickly?

Idea threads

Path2Freedom

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 10, 2022
Hi,

I just started thinking about ideas, with the intention of just observing what's around me and noting needs/ problems down.

I eventually came across one idea linked to an internet brokerage system model for a particular industry. I have seen a company with a similar idea that went in another direction. I am not sure if this idea is good though and realisitc and don't want to spend weeks and months wasting time on a selfish idea.

What is the best and quickest way to validate your idea and ensure that it is linked to consumers' needs and not just to me wanting to find an idea quickly?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MikeS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Apr 26, 2018
Czech Republic
Hi,

I just started thinking about ideas, with the intention of just observing what's around me and noting needs/ problems down.

I eventually came across one idea linked to an internet brokerage system model for a particular industry. I have seen a company with a similar idea that went in another direction. I am not sure if this idea is good though and realisitc and don't want to spend weeks and months wasting time on a selfish idea.

What is the best and quickest way to validate your idea and ensure that it is linked to consumers' needs and not just to me wanting to find an idea quickly?

Thanks
It depends on how you plan to reach your audience. If you can reach it with ads - make a landing page presenting your product with a goal to get pre-orders or at least waitlist sign-ups.

I would give you more tips but I have no experience with anything else.

The best way to validate an idea is to get into a conversation with potential customers and talk about what they are struggling with. If they mention the problem you are trying to solve with your idea, it might be a good one.

Path2Freedom

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 10, 2022
It depends on how you plan to reach your audience. If you can reach it with ads - make a landing page presenting your product with a goal to get pre-orders or at least waitlist sign-ups.

I would give you more tips but I have no experience with anything else.

The best way to validate an idea is to get into a conversation with potential customers and talk about what they are struggling with. If they mention the problem you are trying to solve with your idea, it might be a good one.
Thanks for your reply. Yea it's more a service than a product but a landing page and speaking to audience are good ideas

MikeS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Apr 26, 2018
Czech Republic
Thanks for your reply. Yea it's more a service than a product but a landing page and speaking to audience are good ideas
Yeah does not matter. And both are easier said than done. I can code so landing pages are not a problem for me but I if I couldn't I would use something like Carrd. Not trying to plug anything. It's not mine and I am not affiliated with them. I just tried it a few times and it is one of the easiest ways to build quick 1-page websites. Perfect for testing ideas and pretty cheap. Hope you find it useful.

Path2Freedom

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 10, 2022
Yeah does not matter. And both are easier said than done. I can code so landing pages are not a problem for me but I if I couldn't I would use something like Carrd. Not trying to plug anything. It's not mine and I am not affiliated with them. I just tried it a few times and it is one of the easiest ways to build quick 1-page websites. Perfect for testing ideas and pretty cheap. Hope you find it useful.
ah, perfect! I will give that a go. I was thinking about what MJ said about learning on the go in regards to coding his website.

What do you currently do?

MikeS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Apr 26, 2018
Czech Republic
ah, perfect! I will give that a go. I was thinking about what MJ said about learning on the go in regards to coding his website.

What do you currently do?
Yeah. Done is better than perfect. Learn as you go.

I have a job as a developer and in my free time, I am trying to launch some SaaS side projects. Failed a couple of projects this year but I am learning. Still throwing that sh*t at the wall and trying to find out what will stick :smile:

Path2Freedom

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 10, 2022

I have a job as a developer and in my free time, I am trying to launch some SaaS side projects. Failed a couple of projects this year but I am learning. Still throwing that sh*t at the wall and trying to find out what will stick :smile:
Yea exactly! Keep going and I'm sure you will get there. Each 'failure' is more reinforced learning and closer to success.

connorkennxdy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jun 25, 2022
United Kingdom

I'm learning web development at the moment, any advice? Just finishing up JS course on Codeacademy, about to work through HMTL & CSS courses which could make life easier when I hire developers.

MikeS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Apr 26, 2018
Czech Republic
I'm learning web development at the moment, any advice? Just finishing up JS course on Codeacademy, about to work through HMTL & CSS courses which could make life easier when I hire developers.
It really depends on what your goals are. Knowing basic HTML & CSS is an incredibly valuable skill even if you are not a developer. If you don't want to build your stuff on your own and want to be rather on the marketing side, crafting offers, building, and optimizing landing pages, it will help you move faster because you won't need a developer for every small change on your landing pages. JS is a bonus.

I honestly would not recommend everyone to learn much more than that. You don't need to be a developer to start a software company. Or any online company at all. I would rather recommend focusing on learning how to get customers, creating funnels, crafting good offers, and writing copy.

What are your goals? Why have you decided to learn to code?

connorkennxdy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jun 25, 2022
United Kingdom
It really depends on what your goals are. Knowing basic HTML & CSS is an incredibly valuable skill even if you are not a developer. If you don't want to build your stuff on your own and want to be rather on the marketing side, crafting offers, building, and optimizing landing pages, it will help you move faster because you won't need a developer for every small change on your landing pages. JS is a bonus.

I honestly would not recommend everyone to learn much more than that. You don't need to be a developer to start a software company. Or any online company at all. I would rather recommend focusing on learning how to get customers, creating funnels, crafting good offers, and writing copy.

What are your goals? Why have you decided to learn to code?
I’d definitely do my own development to get things started before hiring full stack devs for front and backend. Thanks for the insight!

I would love to learn how to code just for the challenge and in a way, to prove to myself I can feasibly learn valuable skills.

I’ll transfer these skills into my business ideas to action them. The rest is just fastlane methodology :)

I also have deeper goals and internal focuses for achieving the liquidation of a successful business

Last edited:

MikeS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Apr 26, 2018
Czech Republic
I’d definitely do my own development to get things started before hiring full stack devs for front and backend. Thanks for the insight!

I would love to learn how to code just for the challenge and in a way, to prove to myself I can feasibly learn valuable skills.

I’ll transfer these skills into my business ideas to action them. The rest is just fastlane methodology :)

I also have deeper goals and internal focuses for achieving the liquidation of a successful business
Okay. If you want to build things on your own, then I really recommend diving into JavaScript. The benefit is that it will be the only programming language you will need to know for both the frontend and backend. You can learn the basics on your own and possibly get a junior dev job at some startup. If you do that you will learn so much so fast. Speaking from experience. You will get experience and cash flow to use to build something on your own. That is kinda my position now. I can just keep launching things, throwing money into ads, and courses and I just don't have to worry about money. But if you do have the money to invest and have some runway, feel free to skip the job part, find an idea that people are willing to pay for, and just try to build it and pay for it with your savings.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.