I've currently designed a new product - wooden furniture. I'm getting quotes from suppliers in China for manufacture.
I haven't looked into manufacturing locally (in Australia) due to the high manufacturing costs. An option might be to import the raw materials, and manufacture locally.
With the type of furniture I'm selling, people don't impulse buy. Generally they want to look around, see what is available, and ideally they want to see the product in person. This is mainly due to the price point - few hundred $$$. Sure if the price is right (cheap) you can get sales just from that.
In my industry there are many products available - I joined the crowd as a 'me-too' business. I have now realised I need to rise above everything else. Currently all the products available blend in together, nothing really stands out as being innovative/modern/stylish etc. If something does stand out, the price tags are ridiculous. This is where I come in - unique/stylish designs are at a more reasonable price point
So, I've designed a new product. All I have are concept drawings. How can I test if the market would be receptive to the new design? Taking into account people don't purchase on first glance. I'm not so sure about setting up a landing page and driving some PPC would be a valid test. How about getting a photo-realistic sketch made up and run some FB ads/posts on relevant forums asking for opinions?
I've spoken with a few people already which has helped me vary the design, but I need outsiders to give me feedback.
I haven't looked into manufacturing locally (in Australia) due to the high manufacturing costs. An option might be to import the raw materials, and manufacture locally.
With the type of furniture I'm selling, people don't impulse buy. Generally they want to look around, see what is available, and ideally they want to see the product in person. This is mainly due to the price point - few hundred $$$. Sure if the price is right (cheap) you can get sales just from that.
In my industry there are many products available - I joined the crowd as a 'me-too' business. I have now realised I need to rise above everything else. Currently all the products available blend in together, nothing really stands out as being innovative/modern/stylish etc. If something does stand out, the price tags are ridiculous. This is where I come in - unique/stylish designs are at a more reasonable price point
So, I've designed a new product. All I have are concept drawings. How can I test if the market would be receptive to the new design? Taking into account people don't purchase on first glance. I'm not so sure about setting up a landing page and driving some PPC would be a valid test. How about getting a photo-realistic sketch made up and run some FB ads/posts on relevant forums asking for opinions?
I've spoken with a few people already which has helped me vary the design, but I need outsiders to give me feedback.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
