Ok, so there are basicaly 2 options.
Option nr 1:
Use a blog on my existing domain/site with the prefix mydomain.com/blog.
Here I will make daily updates to make my site active and I can also add a bunch of different keywords to help my site rise on Google and rank high on 10, 15 or even 30 keyword phrases all leading to my Salespage.
Option nr 2:
I will create a completley new website which will be my blog. On this blog I will try to write as much good content as possible, and make it
seem that it doesn't have any connection to my business. But I will constantley link to my Salespage (which is on another domain) through my blog posts. I will make reviews of my products etc. and send the readers to my site.
Here I can also put banner ads etc. to my product site, promoting it 24/7.
The good thing about option number 1 is that it will make my salespage go up in ranking together with the blog. So if an article I write on the blog gets read by 100,000 people, my Salespage will automatically get lots of attention and also rise on Google. My Salespage will benefit from the success of all my blog posts, and vice versa.
The negative thing about it is that when people see that the blog is located next to a Salespage, they might get put off and think "This guy only writes this blog to make me buy stuff" or "This guy is probably very biased since he's only trying to make money".
Therefore the blog might not get as many readers/followers and might not get shared as much as Option number 2.
What do you guys think? I'm leaning towards Option number 1, but maybe I'll add a forwarding domain to it and try to mask it as much as possible so it will seem that it doesn't have any connection to a Sales website. Is this a good option? Or will adding a forwarding domain to the blog and only promoting that forwarding domain make only the forwarding domain go up in ranking, and not my original domain?
Cheers
Option nr 1:
Use a blog on my existing domain/site with the prefix mydomain.com/blog.
Here I will make daily updates to make my site active and I can also add a bunch of different keywords to help my site rise on Google and rank high on 10, 15 or even 30 keyword phrases all leading to my Salespage.
Option nr 2:
I will create a completley new website which will be my blog. On this blog I will try to write as much good content as possible, and make it
seem that it doesn't have any connection to my business. But I will constantley link to my Salespage (which is on another domain) through my blog posts. I will make reviews of my products etc. and send the readers to my site.
Here I can also put banner ads etc. to my product site, promoting it 24/7.
The good thing about option number 1 is that it will make my salespage go up in ranking together with the blog. So if an article I write on the blog gets read by 100,000 people, my Salespage will automatically get lots of attention and also rise on Google. My Salespage will benefit from the success of all my blog posts, and vice versa.
The negative thing about it is that when people see that the blog is located next to a Salespage, they might get put off and think "This guy only writes this blog to make me buy stuff" or "This guy is probably very biased since he's only trying to make money".
Therefore the blog might not get as many readers/followers and might not get shared as much as Option number 2.
What do you guys think? I'm leaning towards Option number 1, but maybe I'll add a forwarding domain to it and try to mask it as much as possible so it will seem that it doesn't have any connection to a Sales website. Is this a good option? Or will adding a forwarding domain to the blog and only promoting that forwarding domain make only the forwarding domain go up in ranking, and not my original domain?
Cheers
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
