The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to read 50 books in 5 minutes

For any book discussion

GreatestManEver

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 19, 2014
NYC
http://www.businessinsider.com/famo...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Business INSIDERS has summarized 50 of the most influential business books ever written

1. I feel TMF should have been one of these 50 books.

2. If I had to describe the TMF in one or two big sentence, it would say, " If your new to the Entrepreneur world, read the whole damb book." How would you guys describe the TMF in one or two sentences.

3. Some of these books shouldn't be read. For example I remember a long time ago, I was reading Think and grow rich, great book for it's time, I learned some good things from it, then it got to that part, the part that my reality rejected everything that was said, I think the person that wrote "the secret" just really rewrote and remarketed that stuff from Think and grow rich, 80% good and 20% dangerous if you believe it. The universe will not provide, gods not going to help or hurt, the universe is a system, the earth rotates, things are born, things die, your choice of actions + the wind of infinite factors, gives you the deserved reaction. It won't help or hurt you, you understand the system and play it to the best of your ability.

4. To my main point, I always hear people saying you should read a lot of books, I don't agree with that at all, majority of the books out there are made to be sold, knowledge that can be had by reading 30 pages, is turned into 300 pages, mindless and useless filler, 80 to 90% of everything you read in a book is filler, or knowledge you will never use and forget in a year. There are a few books, that are the exception.

Filler is death, because it takes away time from your life, that you could have used to do something else, like having a life, imagining, thinking and creating. There are a lot of book services, where they take a 300 page book and turn it into 10, 20, 30 pages. Find one of these services, buy what they wrote up for a few books you recently read, then read them, after that ask your self, did you learn everything from reading this summary, that you would have, when you read the whole book, if so then you found your self a good service, if it's really good let us know about it. Cut the filler out and fill that time with something that can give you even more free time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
The universe will not provide, gods not going to help or hurt, the universe is a system, the earth rotates, things are born, things die, your choice of actions + the wind of infinite factors, gives you the deserved reaction. It won't help or hurt you, you understand the system and play it to the best of your ability.

Think that depends on the person's experience. Any belief can be dangerous. The whole world is based on the power of suggestion and belief. And basically in your statement there, you're saying there are now laws or anything that apply to a person's experience, but taking action by learning skills (by what culture, society, philosophy, religion, science, etc.)

I mean The whole thing behind "The Secret" and Think and grow rich is your thoughts create your reality? Imagination creates reality? So, let's take this even further. A Mentally ill person swings to the negative side with negative thoughts, creates a reality through imagination of what ever they experience. Withdraw into a world of their own. Another person does the same thing and creates another reality which we call side walk, slow lane, or fast lane.

And then you're saying: Visualization: Sports psychology is invalid, so athletics rehearse their moves for know reason, and even in sports psychology what they think with their thoughts creates fear or fearlessness to go on the field. An entrepreneur has a vision, which creates the reality of being a millionaire, because you must have the mindset, or thought system of a millionaire. Through imagination creating your reality, some say they see themselves as being a millionaire, before they arrive.

Law of attraction: In my experience anyway as I've seen through out the process draws you to like minded individuals that either think negatively or positively. So, yes together it all works together, but action is a big part of it, and skill. If you didn't have thoughts to create the reality of being a millionaire or have that vision, you wouldn't even be here. You'd fail and give up, if you were to have a negative mindset or reality. Which is why there is such a small percent of millionaires in the world.

They certainly didn't get there without having a vision. Even as a writer I visualize my characters, have a vision of what I want my story to be. I do use creative visualization a lot and what does a professional tell me. I have great imagery in my writing. I didn't get that from not visualizing with pictures, meditation. For visualizing to get to the Netherlands. Hmm...in my circumstances...I didn't have the money to get here. lol I visualized going to France, and didn't have the money to get there. I visualized getting jobs, and even my degree.

And through the years of my life, I can tell you all kinds of answered prayers, and obstacles. So maybe in your reality, it might not work for you. I just believe the mind creates through imagination all the time. People focus on negative relationships and they get it return. Reap what you sew. What you put out there you get back in return. What ever you want to call it, I there is always a cause and effect to everything you do. Negative or positive. And while I've seen people experience this and myself, maybe just others aren't paying attention or studying themselves or observing.

While I don't go around recommending the Secret, I do see it has some merit. I'll agree their is fillers in a lot of books. On the other hand, I don't teach anything I haven't experienced.

I read a lot of books, and I can say there is a lot of b.s. out there. I didn't get here without visualizing or having a vision. And I didn't get here, by playing dirty and betraying people. People believe in a lot of things. It's the reality they create. I could tell you all the stupid crap people believe in, but visualization and law of attraction does have some significance. I'd believe in that before a lot of other stuff people believe in.

It's all the power of belief. And for what ever reason, people believe what they do. Perhaps for some reason, you must have avoided human nature, avoided your creative imagination. Because every time you assume or conclude something about another person, you're visualizing them as the hero or the villain in your life. You're creating what ever thoughts you have about them. A fiction story. Unless you have facts and evidence to back up the assumption and conclusion. You see the world is black and white or a rainbow of colors through your perception.

Even a project you create you have to visualize it before you make it physical in your mind. I just would like to know how you avoid this? Unless you have a brain different then the rest of us. That's why the world is the way it is, we our creative imaginations create the negative and positive world.

GreatestManEver

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 19, 2014
NYC
Think that depends on the person's experience. Any belief can be dangerous. The whole world is based on the power of suggestion and belief. And basically in your statement there, you're saying there are now laws or anything that apply to a person's experience, but taking action by learning skills (by what culture, society, philosophy, religion, science, etc.)

I mean The whole thing behind "The Secret" and Think and grow rich is your thoughts create your reality? Imagination creates reality? So, let's take this even further. A Mentally ill person swings to the negative side with negative thoughts, creates a reality through imagination of what ever they experience. Withdraw into a world of their own. Another person does the same thing and creates another reality which we call side walk, slow lane, or fast lane.

And then you're saying: Visualization: Sports psychology is invalid, so athletics rehearse their moves for know reason, and even in sports psychology what they think with their thoughts creates fear or fearlessness to go on the field. An entrepreneur has a vision, which creates the reality of being a millionaire, because you must have the mindset, or thought system of a millionaire. Through imagination creating your reality, some say they see themselves as being a millionaire, before they arrive.

Law of attraction: In my experience anyway as I've seen through out the process draws you to like minded individuals that either think negatively or positively. So, yes together it all works together, but action is a big part of it, and skill. If you didn't have thoughts to create the reality of being a millionaire or have that vision, you wouldn't even be here. You'd fail and give up, if you were to have a negative mindset or reality. Which is why there is such a small percent of millionaires in the world.

They certainly didn't get there without having a vision. Even as a writer I visualize my characters, have a vision of what I want my story to be. I do use creative visualization a lot and what does a professional tell me. I have great imagery in my writing. I didn't get that from not visualizing with pictures, meditation. For visualizing to get to the Netherlands. Hmm...in my circumstances...I didn't have the money to get here. lol I visualized going to France, and didn't have the money to get there. I visualized getting jobs, and even my degree.

And through the years of my life, I can tell you all kinds of answered prayers, and obstacles. So maybe in your reality, it might not work for you. I just believe the mind creates through imagination all the time. People focus on negative relationships and they get it return. Reap what you sew. What you put out there you get back in return. What ever you want to call it, I there is always a cause and effect to everything you do. Negative or positive. And while I've seen people experience this and myself, maybe just others aren't paying attention or studying themselves or observing.

While I don't go around recommending the Secret, I do see it has some merit. I'll agree their is fillers in a lot of books. On the other hand, I don't teach anything I haven't experienced.

I read a lot of books, and I can say there is a lot of b.s. out there. I didn't get here without visualizing or having a vision. And I didn't get here, by playing dirty and betraying people. People believe in a lot of things. It's the reality they create. I could tell you all the stupid crap people believe in, but visualization and law of attraction does have some significance. I'd believe in that before a lot of other stuff people believe in.

It's all the power of belief. And for what ever reason, people believe what they do. Perhaps for some reason, you must have avoided human nature, avoided your creative imagination. Because every time you assume or conclude something about another person, you're visualizing them as the hero or the villain in your life. You're creating what ever thoughts you have about them. A fiction story. Unless you have facts and evidence to back up the assumption and conclusion. You see the world is black and white or a rainbow of colors through your perception.

Even a project you create you have to visualize it before you make it physical in your mind. I just would like to know how you avoid this? Unless you have a brain different then the rest of us. That's why the world is the way it is, we our creative imaginations create the negative and positive world.

Thanks Matt for that well written post, from reading your post, it looks to me like your a spiritual man, a hint of eastern philosophy or eckhart tolle or something like that.

There are some things you said that I agree with, some that I completely disagree with, and a lot that is based on our perceptions of reality. I don't think everything in "the secret" is bs, there are some good things, and then there are some bad things. When the cult leader gives you cool aid, 99% of it is yummy, it's that 1% that gets you, watch out for the 1%.

That whole think positive and the universe will provide is completely wrong, it's a placebo effect, back wards rationalization. What's really happening is 90+ percent of everything you are comes from you subconscious mind, subconsciously you mind is causing you to take many actions based on your thinking, it's not the universe providing for you, your subconscious actions over time, some times will lead you to success, it's better off if you understand your mind, and use your subconscious to its full power, studying psychology, social psychology, social dynamics, will be pretty useful.

I like 80% of think and grow rich, I like a little bit of the secret too, but the think positive and the universe will provide stuff, and that kind of thinking I totally reject. There's things you said I agree with, but some we see from our own realities. The universe doesn't give anything, it's a system, we make things happen with our thoughts, will, and actions.

I know this one girl, who got sucked into a MLM, and they brain wash them with this kind of BS, this is the MLM that spams "wish you were here" stuff all over facebook, she would be like "I learned the secret" now I will be successful, told her let see who gets super rich first.

It's always sunny in Philadelphia, said it best, when it comes to "the secret" if you have Netflix you should watch this episode, super funny.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
That whole think positive and the universe will provide is completely wrong, it's a placebo effect, back wards rationalization. What's really happening is 90+ percent of everything you are comes from you subconscious mind, subconsciously you mind is causing you to take many actions based on your thinking, it's not the universe providing for you, your subconscious actions over time, some times will lead you to success, it's better off if you understand your mind, and use your subconscious to its full power, studying psychology, social psychology, social dynamics, will be pretty useful.

I've studied just about everything the last 12 years in psychology, science, spiritual, religion, philosophy the mind, and do every day. Like I said, everyone creates their reality, and fortunately it's just from the person's experience. I don't promote the secret by all means. Subconscious mind does play a part in it, and I won't elaborate on spiritual reasoning, due to that's one of M.J.'s rules of the forum. Which I respect. Ha ha! I have a degree In social work/and most of my classes were psychology. I just know western and eastern psychology have two different points of view. And that is why I spread and expanded my horizon's, because we have so many people in America that are not actually healing or becoming whole.

There is truth to an extent to placebo effect with certain things, I agree. Again this all comes down to Imagination creating reality. Which I've witnessed this myself many times in other people. Observing people in different situations. I don't agree with what Western Psychology teaches because there is some deceptions there as well. I don't even wanted to get started. I just see a lot of people not stuck and thinking they can't help themselves. And they state it themselves, it's not working. My goal was just to find out what worked and didn't work for people to function in society and produce results.

GreatestManEver

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 19, 2014
NYC
I've studied just about everything the last 12 years in psychology, science, spiritual, religion, philosophy the mind, and do every day. Like I said, everyone creates their reality, and fortunately it's just from the person's experience. I don't promote the secret by all means. Subconscious mind does play a part in it, and I won't elaborate on spiritual reasoning, due to that's one of M.J.'s rules of the forum. Which I respect. Ha ha! I have a degree In social work/and most of my classes were psychology. I just know western and eastern psychology have two different points of view. And that is why I spread and expanded my horizon's, because we have so many people in America that are not actually healing or becoming whole.

There is truth to an extent to placebo effect with certain things, I agree. Again this all comes down to Imagination creating reality. Which I've witnessed this myself many times in other people. Observing people in different situations. I don't agree with what Western Psychology teaches because there is some deceptions there as well. I don't even wanted to get started. I just see a lot of people not stuck and thinking they can't help themselves. And they state it themselves, it's not working. My goal was just to find out what worked and didn't work for people to function in society and produce results.

I spend a good amount of time my self exploring the social matrix, I understand my self and other people on another level, like how NEO understands the Matrix, I also spend time on self actualization and all that other stuff. So respect to you Mattie for looking into the rabbit hole of human consciousness. Whole bunch of things western psychologist said about human beings 30 years ago, a lot of it had to be revised or updated, so I take psychology with a pinch of salt, it's an evolving and new science. Good luck on your Journey to wealth.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Now I just pulled out three books from Kindle on Subconscious Mind ha ha...What do they say? Visualization, affirmations, hypnotherapy, and creativity.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.