Hey guys - I'm curious how some of you have offered your short ebooks through your website. I plan to charge for mine (likely $9.99-14.99) and for ease of access, I was hoping to offer it as a direct-download PDF. I'll also have a very short, free product that will be sent as a PDF I exchange for e-mails addresses.
I'm really learning as I go here and mostly doing it the hard way. I'm using MS Word instead of something like Scrivener, but will certainly hire-out the cover work and have a line-edit done and possibly format.
I realize this opens me up to the document to being shared or pirated, but it's not an major work like Unscripted and I doubt anyone coming to my site spends a lot of time pirating stuff (just a hunch based on my target audience).
Overtime, this particular ebook will be one that I mature into a larger work and eventually publish. I'd prefer not to give away too many details yet but it lends itself well to multiple editions and new content.
Any thoughts (maybe @Aaron T ?) This will be the first of 3-4 "cornerstone" ebooks on my website.
Thanks!
I'm really learning as I go here and mostly doing it the hard way. I'm using MS Word instead of something like Scrivener, but will certainly hire-out the cover work and have a line-edit done and possibly format.
I realize this opens me up to the document to being shared or pirated, but it's not an major work like Unscripted and I doubt anyone coming to my site spends a lot of time pirating stuff (just a hunch based on my target audience).
Overtime, this particular ebook will be one that I mature into a larger work and eventually publish. I'd prefer not to give away too many details yet but it lends itself well to multiple editions and new content.
Any thoughts (maybe @Aaron T ?) This will be the first of 3-4 "cornerstone" ebooks on my website.
Thanks!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
