The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to not lose “motivation” into startup?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Losspost

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 6, 2020
I am currently working together with my future co-fonder on a startup in the education tech branch. We have already a few customers who are also very interested in continuing and even asked for more. This shows me that we are onto something promising. But here is my Problem.

I feel that I start to lose something. I wouldn't call it really motivation but I also can't specify it. I am currently finishing my masters in an engineering degree and do my startup up 50%. But there also lays the problem. The startup is education tech, I am an engineer. I learned most of the stuff for doing this start up by myself. The thing is, my passion still lays in technology. I want to do research as a scientist. I want to be part of technological progress. With this start up, this isn't really possible.

On the other hand, I do like the idea, and it is promising. But I also know when I go down this road I may do not do any scientific work in the next 5-10 years besides finishing my master. And perhaps after this time I lose my touch with science.

I am not sure if this is a symptom of my ADHD. I had a lot of ideas I pursued for a few weeks and discarded it. Through this one is different as I already work for months together on it. One of the points being that I am not alone and saw already results of it.

How can I keep my motivation or however this feeling is called which wants me to stop?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Don't make unnecessary sacrifices.

I was in a similar situation a few years ago, and I regretted steering away from science. You can pursue both at the same time if you master the skill of organization.

Always find ways to outsource work and increase efficiency. There are plenty of people that manage seven figure businesses by working one hour a day on average. Time is not a problem when you know how to multiply it using leverage.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.