Hello,
today I have paid a visit to a very successful small computer game company of 50 people. I got there after talking to it's CEO at some conference and later following up with him. I was pretty astonished by how the company works - if I had a company of my own, I would want it to be exactly like that. Even before going there, I was thinking about asking them for a non-paid internship in order to learn from them as much as possible and make their life easier. It is pretty much a dream job for anyone at my age to work in a company like that. Making video games, what else would you want?!
But when I got there, after having a long chat with the technical director, they actually offered me a job on the spot - they said that they could always use someone like me in their company, but they did not specify what exactly they would need me to do.
So I have been thinking of taking that job and saving some money while I'm at it, while finishing college so that I have some money saved up for after I'm done with college. I would also like to get some experience in how it is to lead a company, how to pitch ideas and sell products, etc. But I do not currently have any idea of what I would actually be doing in a job like that. Since I do not have any knowledge of game design etc., I do not see how I could be of any use there.
The CEO told me that I should tell them what I wanted to do in our next meeting. So if you were/are a CEO, what could a young future entrepreneur help you with? What are the problems that he could solve for you and therefore help you save time and make more money?
I guess I could tell them that I could help them with research, presentations, contacts with publishers, organization and project management, but would a CEO really trust someone he barely knows with all that stuff?
Thank you in advance for your answers,
Primoz
today I have paid a visit to a very successful small computer game company of 50 people. I got there after talking to it's CEO at some conference and later following up with him. I was pretty astonished by how the company works - if I had a company of my own, I would want it to be exactly like that. Even before going there, I was thinking about asking them for a non-paid internship in order to learn from them as much as possible and make their life easier. It is pretty much a dream job for anyone at my age to work in a company like that. Making video games, what else would you want?!
But when I got there, after having a long chat with the technical director, they actually offered me a job on the spot - they said that they could always use someone like me in their company, but they did not specify what exactly they would need me to do.
So I have been thinking of taking that job and saving some money while I'm at it, while finishing college so that I have some money saved up for after I'm done with college. I would also like to get some experience in how it is to lead a company, how to pitch ideas and sell products, etc. But I do not currently have any idea of what I would actually be doing in a job like that. Since I do not have any knowledge of game design etc., I do not see how I could be of any use there.
The CEO told me that I should tell them what I wanted to do in our next meeting. So if you were/are a CEO, what could a young future entrepreneur help you with? What are the problems that he could solve for you and therefore help you save time and make more money?
I guess I could tell them that I could help them with research, presentations, contacts with publishers, organization and project management, but would a CEO really trust someone he barely knows with all that stuff?
Thank you in advance for your answers,
Primoz
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
