The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

HOW To MAKE 20% in the NEXT 48 HOURS - Facilitate Bitcoin Trade

Anything related to investing, including crypto

max momo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 15, 2008
California
In 2013 Bitcoin has gone from about 13 USD to 700 USD.

1. Right now many folks are low on cash but have bitcoin.

2. They want to reap the increase in value, but don’t necessarily want to sell bitcoin into the market/cash out because they will be hit with a short term capital gains tax.

3. The capital gains rate is going UP in 2014 to your income rate. That will likely be a double digit percentage increase in tax (not counting state increases) depending on your current bracket.

4. So, in order to minimize your capital gains tax, while maximizing your value, you could trade your bitcoin now (before the end of the calendar year in 72 hours) for other goods.

5. For example, we are selling an item and have agreed to take bitcoin, on our end at a value 20% above our ask price, so the seller can save about 13% in taxes on their end.

They pay us a bit more in bitcoin for our costs/time/hassle/fees/taxes to exchange the bitcoin ourselves.

This benefits the buyer paying bitcoin allowing them to realize 2013 gains yet also saving them on 2013 taxes.

This benefits us by increasing our realized price for the product.

Of course, you must already have a product to sell into the market. If you haven’t made it that far in your endeavourers yet, time to get a move on…

Best wishes for 2014.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
They pay us a bit more in bitcoin for our costs/time/hassle/fees/taxes to exchange the bitcoin ourselves.
Many retailers offer discounts for bitcoin as it is cheaper, faster, less hassle, lower fees to accept

From a sellers standpoint coinbase or bitpay will have cash in your bank account the following day for 0-1%

from a buyers standpoint bitcoiners can save 3% compared to cash with www.gyft.com at major retailers

Your value proposition is horrible

max momo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 15, 2008
California
Many retailers offer discounts for bitcoin as it is cheaper, faster, less hassle, lower fees to accept

From a sellers standpoint coinbase or bitpay will have cash in your bank account the following day for 0-1%

from a buyers standpoint bitcoiners can save 3% compared to cash with www.gyft.com at major retailers

Your value proposition is horrible

You make a great point. If a seller has stock which can be found at competing sites, the proposition isn’t worth the spread.

Thankfully our stock –generally- are unique items.

Frankly, I think there are very few folks that would be able to benefit from the strategy – and I would be interested from any that are also able to cash in on the fortuitous circumstance.

Thx for the reply.

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
I don't understand how you are able to reliably accept Bitcoins without getting burned. Right now the price is high, but it is so volatile...what if the price collapses and you get wiped out on your inventory? Do you/can you buy insurance for that?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

max momo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 15, 2008
California
I don't understand how you are able to reliably accept Bitcoins without getting burned. Right now the price is high, but it is so volatile...what if the price collapses and you get wiped out on your inventory? Do you/can you buy insurance for that?
That’s a great question.
a. we actually don’t get many people that want to pay via bitcoin. We find most want to pay via paypal .
b. we don’t keep most the bitcoin as bitcoin for very long, we divest into USD, or stock, or etc.
c. for most our product line our business model is incredibly high margins, albeit very low turnover.
d. Thus - not many folks want the entire inventory, just one or a few pieces at a time.
e. So, the odds of getting cleaned out of inventory is extremely unlikely. In fact, my biggest challenge is listing the inventory for sale. I have probably have less than 5% of my stock advertised for sale (I sell most volume via private treaty and also sell across multiple platforms)
f. Since my stock is so high, and margins so high, I have no need for product insurance. All stock is paid for already, no inventory risk to insure.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.