The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to improve your business without feedback

André Casal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 1, 2018
Hello everyone!

So I have a few opposing ideas and I'd love your help in understanding what's the correct approach.

I'm using my current computer science tutoring business (a time for money trade) to learn important business principles before I jump into my next online course business. The principle I'm trying to figure out right now is how to improve your product or service in general and how can you improve your business, specifically, when there aren't enough clients that will give you enough feedback to improve (when you're starting out).

So, on the one hand, there's Elon Musk's idea that all investment should go towards a better product or service and none towards marketing or advertising, because if you build an awesome product or service people will recommend it and word of mouth is the best type of marketing. I fully agree with this. However, this assumes one knows how to improve his product or service before there are enough clients that they provide you with enough feedback that you can use to actually improve your business. It follows from this assumption that if an initial critical mass of clients isn't reached, there isn't enough feedback to improve the product or service and the business doesn't grow exponentially.

On the other hand there are easy to use and, apparently effective, marketing tools like Google AdWords. It seems to me that, a well applied 100€/month on AdWords might yield that critical mass of clients that would provide enough feedback to actually improve the business enough to turn clients into raving fans.

How does one improve his product or service without client feedback, i.e. what principle do companies use to make products and services better than clients even thought possible?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

André Casal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 1, 2018
It seems to me that companies like Tesla and Apple have a very clear purpose and they use conjecture and elimination of error to improve their products and services. While we're talking about this, any stellar books on how to improve products and services?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Sell. Then sell more. Then sell more.

You'll have all the feedback you need.

Less talk. Less thinking. More sales. Up to $2m, sales is all that matters.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.