The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to get started freelance copy writing for start-up capital

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
Any advice? Copy writing seems like a good skill to learn. It seems to be a lucrative skill you can apply to making start-up capital for your fastlane business along with other things like growing your fast lane business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
S

stranger

Do you wanna start a career of a copywriter? Or do you want to learn how to find a skilled one for your fastlane business?

S

stranger

Any advice? Copy writing seems like a good skill to learn. It seems to be a lucrative skill you can apply to making start-up capital for your fastlane business along with other things like growing your fast lane business.

[FONT=&quot]www.marktewart.com[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]www.marktewart.com/blog[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]www.tewart.com[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Copywriting sites and books
[FONT=&quot]Gary Halbert — www.thegaryhalbertletter.com[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John Caples — www.caples.org[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ted Nicholas – www.tednicholas.com[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dan Kennedy – www.dankennedy.com[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jay Abraham – www.jayabraham.com[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]David Garfi nkel – www.davidgarfi nkel.com[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Robert Bly – www.robertbly.com[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gary Bencivenga – www.bencivengabullets.com[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Joe Sugarman – [/FONT][FONT=&quot]www.psychologicaltriggers.com[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Victor Schwab – How to Write a Good Advertisement (Wilshire Book Company, 1985)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Richard (Dick) Benson – Secrets of Successful Direct Mail (Bottom Line Books, 2005)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Claude Hopkins – My Life in Scientifi c Advertising (McGraw - Hill, 1st edition, 1966)[/FONT]
Telling Lies for Fun and Profit by Larry Block
The CopyWriter's Handbook by Bob Bly
How to Make a Real Living as a Freelance Writer by Jenna Glatzer.

NikS

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Oct 9, 2013

It's a great skill for growing a fastlane business, especially an internet one. As for learning it to earn start up capital as a freelancer.. I doubt that will be "fast".

Did you by any chance read some great sales copy about learning sales copy to make money as a freelancer?

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Sure, I did.
Copy-writing is a career and not fastlane stuff as for me.

Copyrighting is a skill. And a damn useful one that will elevate every other activity you do.

Might as well have said sales isn't fastlane.

Chris - if you have some basics and want to do some freelance you can check out fiverr and elance as first steps perhaps.

S

stranger

Copyrighting is a skill. And a damn useful one that will elevate every other activity you do.

Might as well have said sales isn't fastlane.

Chris - if you have some basics and want to do some freelance you can check out fiverr and elance as first steps perhaps.

It will take some years to become a skillful copywriter.

Chris fiver and elance for guys who are ready writing for peanuts on my opinion.
Good luck.

P.S. Copyrighting isn't about Copy-writing.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
It will take some years to become a skillful copywriter.

If Chris went and picked up 2-3 books on copywriting (Ca$hvertising being an excellent starter that recommends many other books within it's own pages) he would be better than the VAST MAJORITY of the population if he used a few simple tips and tricks. This doesn't take years.

If he wants to learn and get better he can do that TODAY and start seeing a phenomenal difference immediately. No, he won't be world-class overnight, but if his goal is "get better, learn, and get paid for it", he doesn't need years.

ninathewriter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 3, 2013
Austin, Texas
Hey Chrisbiz44,
I am actually a professional copywriter, however, I am transitioning my business more to a training and social media model. That's what my clients are asking me for. The way I started is was I first go The Freelance Copywriters bible by Bob Bly and then I invested in www.awaionline.com - The Six Figure Copywriting course. They were both great for my career and enhancing my skills. But to be honest, i wasn't charging enough so I suffered from burn out and resentment. Copywriting is a time for dollars model. So if you are going to become a copywriter, get really really good, and then demand fees of $ 5,000, $10,000 or $ 20,000 per project. Anything less than that is totally not worth it. Your time is all you have and copywriting can take up a lot of your time. But it can be lucrative if you know what you are doing and you are a good communicator. I hope this helps! :)

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
I agree. I feel like a couple hundred dollars a week is possible for a starter.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Read CA$hvertising, first.

Start for free/cheap.

Then ask them to give you referrals.

Pick up more books, write more letters, talk to more people.

You'll slowly get good.

Darius

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Apr 8, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Read CA$hvertising, first.

Start for free/cheap.

Then ask them to give you referrals.

Pick up more books, write more letters, talk to more people.

You'll slowly get good.

This is what I'm doing now.

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
Seen this vid?

Declaring War on Bland: Copywriting as Fresh Literature: Jean Tang at TEDxGramercy

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FcBHk4UVa8g&[/video]

S

stranger

Hey Chrisbiz44,
I am actually a professional copywriter, however, I am transitioning my business more to a training and social media model. That's what my clients are asking me for. The way I started is was I first go The Freelance Copywriters bible by Bob Bly and then I invested in www.awaionline.com - The Six Figure Copywriting course. They were both great for my career and enhancing my skills. But to be honest, i wasn't charging enough so I suffered from burn out and resentment. Copywriting is a time for dollars model. So if you are going to become a copywriter, get really really good, and then demand fees of $ 5,000, $10,000 or $ 20,000 per project. Anything less than that is totally not worth it. Your time is all you have and copywriting can take up a lot of your time. But it can be lucrative if you know what you are doing and you are a good communicator. I hope this helps! :)
Real speed for this post. I remember how I started my copywriting career years ago. I stopped it because I had understood it takes much more time and brings not big money. I wrote on my native language, not English. I knew a guy who took 500 bucks per 100 words and was always busy, anyway. My copies went only 20 bucks per 100 words.

Thiago Machado

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 20, 2014
Hey guys,

I'm currently trying to utilize my writing skills in order to obtain start up capital. However, I'm having trouble landing decent paying clients. Any tips on how to attract clients?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.