The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Get Leads To Speak To Your SALES Team Instead Of You?

Marketing, social media, advertising

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
I've hired a Salesperson to handle my Inbound Sales Calls..

I run a digital marketing agency.

I find my potential clients on LinkedIn Outreach (Eg. messaging my target market on LinkedIn to get them to book a call)

Before I tell them to book a call, the lead sometimes says "Let's speak next week" expecting me personally to have a call with them.

How can I word it to them to have a call with my team instead of me, without offending them?

I feel like some prospects would be offended or just plain not want to talk to someone else - Since I was the one who messaged them initially.

Any suggestion to word/transition this smoothly to speak to my sales team instead of me?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

I find my potential clients on LinkedIn Outreach (Eg. messaging my target market on LinkedIn to get them to book a call)

Before I tell them to book a call, the lead sometimes says "Let's speak next week" expecting me personally to have a call with them.

How can I word it to them to have a call with my team instead of me, without offending them?

I feel like some prospects would be offended or just plain not want to talk to someone else - Since I was the one who messaged them initially.

Any suggestion to word/transition this smoothly to speak to my sales team instead of me?
Having a business larger than just you is not offensive to 90+% of people. Does Gary Vaynerchuck answer the phone if you call Vaynermedia to have them run your ad campaigns?

Have you actually tried to setup a call with a prospective client and your sales guy?

Be upfront with the organizational structure and tell them "how it works". Spend 5% of your time explaining that stuff and 95% of your time keeping the focus on them and how your solution can help them.

They will get offended if YOU build up their hopes and impress them with YOUR knowledge and then hand them off to someone who isn't as impressive or knowledgeable. If you present your salesman to them as your superior or "the expert" then you'll likely have much more luck.

I did the same thing for a little while during the winter. I ran a web design and marketing consulting firm and had a secretary speak to the clients and handle the calls and inquiries. Then she'd say "based on what you're looking for I have an account manager who would be a great fit. He's got years of experience in that specific industry. I can connect you two for a phone call. Are you available this afternoon?"

Same account manager every time.

kleine2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Sep 15, 2013

It sounds a little backwards to me.
Cold prospects you personally interact with but people that express interest you want someone else to talk to?
So maybe your sales person does the outreach on linkedin and then you talk to people?
Or, you both do linkedin outreach and also calls for your own prospects?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

I think you are over-interpreting too much.

You never know the true sincerity of casual phrase like “let us talk next week”, as they cannot even be bothered to at least have the patience to confirm how and exactly when to follow up.

I think you are at a stage too early to be afraid of being rude to “potential customers”. Once they bothered to Really articulate their interest clearly you can be more careful without your words.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.