The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to find companies that want to buy leads

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
I am doing some local testing for lead generation.

I worked with a local painting company and that test
went well, but I have heard there is a way to find
companies looking to buy leads and then I can backdoor
into that niche.

Does anyone know of a resource or program that enables
you to find this info???

Thanks,

Joe

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm confused and I come from a lead-gen background. What are you looking for? A ready-made list of companies who openly want to buy leads?

johnny604

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
lol....you're going to have to generate leads in order to generate leads.
if you're dealing with local painting companies, why don't you just list them all out from your yellow pages, and give them a call or email them. if you've pre-tested your lead gen process, and it works, you shouldn't have a problem finding a regular buyer/s. If you're confident in your tested mechanism you could try to generate prospect leads, using it.

But if you're looking for a quick list of 'ready to buy' companies; i couldn't say where to get it...All I could say is, Look at who is already advertising locally (in the niche you're targeting) << you could guess that they are the companies looking to benefit from marketing/advertising, and would be the most open to buying into lead generation.

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
Yes, my approach has been to generate the leads then sell them, however I think I read somewhere that you could potentially find (say a list) of companies who are wanting to buy leads and will pay for them.

It's amazing what you can find on the web, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has heard of such a resource??

What it would do is sidestep some of the process and allow me to identify niches where people are actively wanting leads i.e. mortgages.

If not, I will continue to just generate leads and sell them to companies on my list.

Joe

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ just curious what is the going rate that companies typically will pay for leads?

Depends on the price point per job + the average close ratio of the lead.

You can't charge $5 per lead if the job value is $100 and the close ratio is 10%.

These factors weight on market price.

Also, I know of no such list which Roy seeks. However, I agree with Johnny -- the indirect list already exists in the form of Yellow Page ads, active Kudzu accoutns, adn anywhere else your market is advertising. I used to go to the library and pull up out-of-town yellow pages books and prospect there.

Michael W.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Mar 2, 2009
Ok City, OK
As a biz owner, I could buy leads all day long. At the end of the day, it's still a cold call, and that is what I am trying to avoid, for myself personally when selling. I have a conf call with a appointment setting service Monday, has anyone had any experience with that?

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
I thought of taking it one step further and not just selling the lead, but also doing just that - setting up the appointment and warming up the prospect.

I once had a tax client that did this sort of thing offline for another cpa firm. he went in, set up a person to do nothing but set up appointments, and bought leads from say sales genie.

He was actually let go b/c he and his team did such a good job building the firm that the cpa no longer needed his services.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a cold call b/c within the site it states that they will be contacted by someone - plus if they will go through the process of giving their information, then they are already looking for what you/your client has to offer.

I have done calls on leads and done cold calls and it takes some sales either way - but so does a lead that calls you.

Joe

camski

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 24, 2007
Noblesville, IN
You sales guys should appreciate this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbSs3PB00o4]YouTube - Glengarry Glen Ross - The Leads[/ame]

Bobo

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 25, 2008
Tough sell... My VP Sales will pay you $1000/pop for qualified leads that meet his criteria. Some leads (lists) are portions of a penny per name.

From my past experience calling from lists and building lists I'd say the real hill for you to climb is convincing people that your list is worth it and having some solid numbers to back that up.

Example: I placed a magazine ad that was supposed to reach a minimum of 20K executives DIRECTLY and however many people saw the magazine lying around. The ad sales guy said that on average a 1-2% response rate was typical. I got 5 calls, 3 were from other advertisers who had not gotten a response either. So I ask the sales guy about it, he says that several guys in that issue got huge responses and suggested we needed to do a bigger ad. I asked about one business that had a similar ad to mine in a similar product area "Oh, I talked to him last week, he got around 50 new customers off that ad" My response: "Funny, I talked to his widow last night and he died 3 months ago, did you count dead guys in the circulation count too?".

I'm a sarcastic a**hole once screwed.

Davidf

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 12, 2016
As a biz owner, I could buy leads all day long. At the end of the day, it's still a cold call, and that is what I am trying to avoid, for myself personally when selling. I have a conf call with a appointment setting service Monday, has anyone had any experience with that?
Michael,
As a business owner myself I can answer your question and help you with clarity. After working for 8 years for large corporations as a consultant I always heard people complaining about worn out leads or lack of quality leads. I knew there's was a solution but many of the blogs, and reviews I'd come across all said the same thing- over priced, over sold, old data, not specific enough data, no idea what to do with it after purchased , etc etc. I started a business 4 years ago generating data/leads. What I found was truly amazing.
The data is out there and companies will give high quality leads however, they normally add a lot of extra costs to it. Every industry is different and every lead is unique. I'd love to share more from one business owner to another if you seek to find true warm leads versus cold, and learn more about how you can find the direct target audience required to achieve the revenue goals of your business. I'm not trying to sell you anything here just merely a conversation between two business owners.
Thanks
David
David@iqkloud.com

Crockett1

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 25, 2019
Chicago
I am doing some local testing for lead generation.

I worked with a local painting company and that test
went well, but I have heard there is a way to find
companies looking to buy leads and then I can backdoor
into that niche.

Does anyone know of a resource or program that enables
you to find this info???

Thanks,

Joe
Did you ever find lead buyers? How did that work out for you?

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Selling leads is like selling drugs. IF and only IF your leads are legit then you'll quickly have a client list of consistent buyers. The issue is when you start cutting that shit by selling them to multiple people and telling all your clients there exclusive..

Again, your leads have to be amazing and convert just to stand a chance in the first place. Low odds of success in this venture, trust me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.