The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to export new/old heavy equipments

ZacharyHeo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 6, 2017
South Korea
Well, so like what the title says, how do I export heavy equipments? Finding buyers is the next problem I am facing. Where do I find buyers for the equipments? Do enlight me.

나의 SM-A310N0 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CycleGuy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jan 16, 2015
Midwest
I believe you might be putting the cart before the horse here pal.

Heavy equipment is something I'm familiar with through some family contacts.

Please research the cost of moving equipment. Large heavy equipment moving is it's own industry without adding sales or export.
You have to have great insurance, competent drivers with CDLs, the proper truck/trailer combo, wide load permits, etc.
If you skip any of those you are risking tickets and lawsuits if there is an accident.

Heavy equipment sales is another beast. Used equipment might seem "cheap" but when you look at reselling it the difficult part comes with any normal maintenance you might have to do. Example a 15 year old case backhoe might be worth 15k trade value at a large dealer. That might seem cheap and an easy flip but that same backhoe might require another 15k in repairs before it's resold due to wear and tear. So unless you have a full time equipment mechanic and a discounted supply of factory parts you can get yourself into financial trouble. Let say you do the repairs and now you have 30k in everything and the retail value is only $32,000. That gives you a margin of $2,000 on a $30k investment. That same investment is also time intensive waiting for your repairs to be done even before you can advertise. If your money is tied for for 4-6 weeks for a mere $2,000 profit on $30k you need to find another way to make a living.

There's a reason the Average Joe doesn't flip used equipment. It takes a lot of capital, the right game plan, and some experience in the equipment game.

Maybe you should try being a broker only between buyers and sellers before actually buying, exporting, and reselling.

ZacharyHeo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 6, 2017
South Korea
I believe you might be putting the cart before the horse here pal.

Heavy equipment is something I'm familiar with through some family contacts.

Please research the cost of moving equipment. Large heavy equipment moving is it's own industry without adding sales or export.
You have to have great insurance, competent drivers with CDLs, the proper truck/trailer combo, wide load permits, etc.
If you skip any of those you are risking tickets and lawsuits if there is an accident.

Heavy equipment sales is another beast. Used equipment might seem "cheap" but when you look at reselling it the difficult part comes with any normal maintenance you might have to do. Example a 15 year old case backhoe might be worth 15k trade value at a large dealer. That might seem cheap and an easy flip but that same backhoe might require another 15k in repairs before it's resold due to wear and tear. So unless you have a full time equipment mechanic and a discounted supply of factory parts you can get yourself into financial trouble. Let say you do the repairs and now you have 30k in everything and the retail value is only $32,000. That gives you a margin of $2,000 on a $30k investment. That same investment is also time intensive waiting for your repairs to be done even before you can advertise. If your money is tied for for 4-6 weeks for a mere $2,000 profit on $30k you need to find another way to make a living.

There's a reason the Average Joe doesn't flip used equipment. It takes a lot of capital, the right game plan, and some experience in the equipment game.

Maybe you should try being a broker only between buyers and sellers before actually buying, exporting, and reselling.
Thank you for your detailed advice!

garyjsmith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 28, 2017
Northern VA
Broker is a good idea. If you use the equipment yourself or for your company, you can buy, use, then sell with the ability to recoup what you paid and without having to eat the depreciation.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZacharyHeo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 6, 2017
South Korea
Hello, first of all thank you all for your kind advice! Actually, I working for my father's friend who is a licensed distributor for a major construction company. Honestly, I am kind of new to this industry and it's hard to find buyers for the equipments. So, I was wondering how do people find buyers

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.