What's new

How to Escape Job Slavery?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DeletedUser397
  • Start date Start date
  • MINDSET 
Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.
D

DeletedUser397

Guest
I work as a web developer. The first 2 years at my job, I was constantly tasked with data entry "busy work" consisting of copy/pasting text/images, and if I was lucky, I would have the opportunity to slightly modify code others had written. As our department budget began to shrink, I always felt like I was on the chopping block since my tasks became more trivial, and most days/weeks I had to practically beg for managers to give me work to do.

Three months ago, I met with my supervisor, and told him how I felt neglected as a resource, only being given basic copy/paste tasks...I practically felt like I was gradually being laid off. So he transferred me to a busy department, with involving development projects and put me in a more active role. I was excited to be actually be coding cutting-edge stuff... that excitement wore off real fast.

For about the last month, I've had to work an average of 65-75hrs/week. I'm salaried, so I don't get any OT pay. Leaving the office at 10pm (and even sometimes at 3am) has become the norm. "Indentured time" is the definition of my life now. I want out so badly, but I barely have time to look for another job. My pre-tax paychecks are $2.4k, and at an hourly rate I would make $30/hr. But with the 70hr/wk average as of late, it puts me at about $17/hr... which is even less than I was making at my part-time job while I was still in college.

No real purpose to this post, just to say, I definitely know how it feels now to have little time to do anything besides work. I always feel like I have to sacrifice something to work on my own projects, and just never have enough time. Whether it's my health/sleep or social life, now I have even less time. What to do...
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O xusl et e xic fiwimuqis. Vji gostv 2 ziest ev nz kuc, O xet duptvepvmz vetlif xovj feve ipvsz "catz xusl" duptotvoph ug duqz/qetvoph viyv/onehit, epf og O xet madlz, O xuamf jewi vji uqqusvapovz vu tmohjvmz nufogz dufi uvjist jef xsovvip. Et uas fiqesvnipv cafhiv cihep vu tjsopl, O emxezt gimv moli O xet up vji djuqqoph cmudl topdi nz vetlt cideni nusi vsowoem, epf nutv fezt/xiilt O jef vu qsedvodemmz cih gus nepehist vu howi ni xusl vu fu.

Vjsii nupvjt ehu, O niv xovj nz taqiswotus, epf vumf jon jux O gimv pihmidvif et e situasdi, upmz cioph howip cetod duqz/qetvi vetlt...O qsedvodemmz gimv moli O xet hsefaemmz cioph meof ugg. Tu ji vseptgissif ni vu e catz fiqesvnipv, xovj opwumwoph fiwimuqnipv qsukidvt epf qav ni op e nusi edvowi sumi. O xet iydovif vu ci edvaemmz ci dufoph davvoph-ifhi tvagg... vjev iydovif xusi ugg siem getv.

Gus ecuav vji metv nupvj, O'wi jef vu xusl ep ewisehi ug 65-75jst/xiil. O'n temesoif, tu O fup'v hiv epz UV qez. Miewoph vji uggodi ev 10qn (epf iwip tunivonit ev 3en) jet ciduni vji pusn. "Opfipvasif voni" ot vji figopovoup ug nz mogi pux. O xepv uav tu cefmz, cav O cesimz jewi voni vu muul gus epuvjis kuc. Nz qsi-vey qezdjidlt esi $2.4l, epf ev ep juasmz sevi O xuamf neli $30/js. Cav xovj vji 70js/xl ewisehi et ug mevi, ov qavt ni ev ecuav $17/js... xjodj ot iwip mitt vjep O xet neloph ev nz qesv-voni kuc xjomi O xet tvomm op dummihi.

O siemmz giim juqimitt. O emxezt giim moli O jewi vu tedsogodi tunivjoph vu xusl up nz uxp qsukidvt, epf katv piwis jewi ipuahj voni. Xjivjis ov't nz jiemvj/tmiiq us tudoem mogi, pux O jewi iwip mitt voni. Pu siem qasquti vu vjot qutv, katv vu tez, O figopovimz lpux jux ov giimt pux vu jewi movvmi voni vu fu epzvjoph citofit xusl. Epf vu vjopl O'n e tophmi haz, puv nadj tudoem mogi, epf xovj movvmi ucmohevoupt - dep'v onehopi jux foggodamv ov ot gus tuni xovj e tquati epf genomz vu ci sitquptocmi gus et ximm. Tu O tjuamfp'v siemmz giim juqimitt og uvjist dep fu ov xovj vjuti ucmohevoupt... cav fenp, O katv jevi jewoph e kuc tu nadj.

raov, gopf e piif epf tvesv dufoph gsun zuas nun't cetinipv.
 
Ci desigam gus xjev zua xotj gus, gus ov nez duni vsai.
 
1.Zua xsovi aq e sitohpevoup,
2. zua jepf ov vu vji cutt, epf ji etlt zua, "Xjz zua pu howi ni vxu xiil puvodi", epf
3.zua sitqupf, "Cideati O dep".
4. Epf zua xeml uav... opvu vji fez mohjv.


Zua dep'v cmeni epzupi cav zuastimg gus cioph vjisi. Og zua jevi ov tu cefmz, raov ov. Cav xjev esi zua huoph vu fu xjip zua raov, tov up zuas cavv emm fez op zuas nun't cetinipv? Veli sitquptocomovz gus zuas mogi, epf zua dep tviis ov epzxjisi zua xepv.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom