The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to escape a circle of procrastination

Anything related to matters of the mind

nejko44

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 15, 2023
Hey!
I got stuck because I overwhelm myself with the ways to earn money. There is so much information outhere how to make money with dropshipping, drop servicing, Etsy shop, Cryptocurrency, selling digital products, Amazon FBI, freelancing etc. I keep finding myself in a loop of not knowing which hustle to choose so I do nothing in the end. I keep making exuces like: dropshipping is not profitable anymore, 95% fail at trading cryptocurrencys, to be paid good as a freelancer will take me a lot of time. I have a fear of putting months into someting and not getting anything out of it eventually or losing a lot of money. Do you have any advice how to go about this problem?

Thanks for all the answers in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

farahead

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Feb 25, 2023
Slovakia
Hey!
I got stuck because I overwhelm myself with the ways to earn money. There is so much information outhere how to make money with dropshipping, drop servicing, Etsy shop, Cryptocurrency, selling digital products, Amazon FBI, freelancing etc. I keep finding myself in a loop of not knowing which hustle to choose so I do nothing in the end. I keep making exuces like: dropshipping is not profitable anymore, 95% fail at trading cryptocurrencys, to be paid good as a freelancer will take me a lot of time. I have a fear of putting months into someting and not getting anything out of it eventually or losing a lot of money. Do you have any advice how to go about this problem?

Im not the one who should be giving advice, im level 1 noob in fastlane but it sounds like you arent implementing CENTS framework and you looking for get rich quick schemes... been there like month ago, trust me
Market doesnt need another dropshipper or a daytrader, look for something the market needs.

my weekly progress update here

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
Go do something, literally anything, to engage the market. You're chasing money instead of finding a problem to solve.

to be paid good as a freelancer will take me a lot of time
So you're looking for ways to get rich that won't take too much time? It seems like you haven't read any of the books that this site is based on.

Last edited:

Jav100

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 20, 2016
I can relate to this. You will be pulled in some many different directions that its impossible to make any progress.

I would pick the area that best matches any experience or skill you already have that will put you in a position to have better success. So if you haven't made any handmade solutions maybe forget the ETSY idea or if writing is not really your thing maybe avoid writing a book despite all the success you hear others are having.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I have a fear of putting months into something and not getting anything out of it eventually or losing a lot of money. Do you have any advice how to go about this problem?
Genuine question: are you sure entrepreneurship is a good route for you? There's going to be a lot of times you're working for nothing and will lose money. Risk is a prerequisite to getting somewhere down these roads & taking L's are apart of that.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I have a fear of putting months into someting and not getting anything out of it eventually or losing a lot of money. Do you have any advice how to go about this problem?

Putting months of work with no result and losing some money (not a lot) is something that is guaranteed to happen.

It is part and parcel of business and hustle.

You can control the financial risk by taking baby steps. Only investing in products massively if they have good customer feedback (sales). But there is no getting around the rest. Got to spend some money and a lot of time and at the end it will not work.

Last edited:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hey!

So, where are living and who is feeding you while you are considering chasing all these shiny objects? I've never found a magic bullet for business that excludes work -- and a lot of long, hard work. It also takes a pretty hefty learning curve. You sound like someone who hasn't even put your toe into the water but wants the rewards.

Fasted

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 18, 2021
UK
Hey!

With what you already know, can you think of something that will make you $100 this month?

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Hey!

"Guarantee that I will make lots of money, then I'll do it."
or:
"It's not worth doing unless I make money."

Another version:
"Will this be on the test?"

There seems to be a big contingent of the culture that is obsessed with how much money they can make with as little effort as possible. Violates MJs principles.

How about:
"I know I can help someone. I'm going to start now and help as many people as I can. Directly.
It might not work, but it's still worth doing."

Another version:
"Work is a gift."

You can grow microgreens, powerwash old people's driveways, clean rugs, etc. I know a woman that started a cleaning business in a wealthy neighborhood and now she's got more money hanging on her wrist than the retail value of most people's cars.

Your goal should be to work magic in the small so you can get up tomorrow to do it all over again.

Me? I'm hooked on that feeling I get when I solve a big problem or ease someone's pain. That's the game. The money just follows. #ValueVouchers

Last edited:

Tomco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 9, 2023
Hey!

It seems like you were in a similar situation as I was.

I was jumping from one hot thing to another, thinking I was making big progress, and that cash will come rolling in and I can give everyone the middle finger.

It was only I took a step back and realized what all my efforts resulted into: Tumbleweeds.

You're thinking too much into WHAT and HOW.

Change your mind into WHY:
  • WHY Dropshipping?
  • WHY Crypotcurrency?
  • WHY Email Copy?
Or more specifically, WHO:
  • WHO will I serve if I dropship?
  • WHO will I serve if do email copy?
Also, start small. Look around you. What do your friends need?

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
You're thinking too much into WHAT and HOW.

Change your mind into WHY:
  • WHY Dropshipping?
  • WHY Crypotcurrency?
  • WHY Email Copy?
Or more specifically, WHO:
  • WHO will I serve if I dropship?
  • WHO will I serve if do email copy?
Also, start small. Look around you. What do your friends need?
Exactly.
Hey I've been there. I've made this mistake before. It takes some time, patience, and an open mind. Once you get genuinely curious about finding and solving problems, all of these opportunities just start leaping out at you. This is why MJ calls money Value Vouchers.

To the OP, you should look at this post.

Here is a preview:

1684456463171.png

Last edited:

DistressedDenim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2018
US
Change your self-talk.

When you think "I'm a procrastinator" change that talk to:
"I am a person who gets things done on time"
"I am a highly-motivated person who completes tasks early"

This is basically a magic trick, that when used, will do magic on the problems you're having. Follow that process for every problem you have.

This is what worked for me. This advice is taken directly from Fox Web School, which I recommend, especially for mindset advice.

For replacement thoughts, using "I am x kind of person." is the strongest method in my opinion. The "kind of person" part really makes a difference in my opinion.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.