- Joined
- Jan 20, 2019
- Messages
- 34
Rep Bank
$430
$430
User Power: 150%
Hi,
My product is somewhat niche, but has confirmed hard proof/demand in the hundreds range (it has sold ~300 units to 300 different customers, i.e. not one customer buying 300). I profit about ~$50 each sale.
A market echo I am getting is that the lead time is too slow. This is because the product itself is actually hard to make -- I currently do it all by hand. However, I am scared of investing into mass manufacturing (thousands+ capabilities) and then realizing there's not enough demand for my product after all.
The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive regarding the product. Many are referring their friends, who are then contacting me telling me they would buy instantly (double digit range for emails I receive weekly). The "target market" is technically around the million range, but to get hard proof that thousands+ are ready to put down their money NOW seems like it might be difficult, as in my experience, a lot of times people show diffusion BECAUSE they know the product isn't a "real thing" yet (i.e. not made by a multi-billion dollar company, not enough people have already bought it, etc.).
Of course the easiest answer is to do a Kickstarter of some sort. However, I have attempted a Kickstarter before (different product) and in my experience, a lot of people nowadays are hesitant to put money down for a Kickstarter product, due to the lack of stringent enforcement of liability on the campaign owner (in fact, for a similar product, this literally happened and has left a bad taste in people's mouths, making it doubly hard for me to go through with).
So, the QUESTION: Should I just start going into looking for investors/manufacturers and then just utilize the power of marketing/sales to get this product sold on a high scale even before 100% confirmed proof of demand at a high scale? OR should I only do this AFTER I have 100% confirmed hard proof exists for the thousands+ range?
Thank you for your help.
My product is somewhat niche, but has confirmed hard proof/demand in the hundreds range (it has sold ~300 units to 300 different customers, i.e. not one customer buying 300). I profit about ~$50 each sale.
A market echo I am getting is that the lead time is too slow. This is because the product itself is actually hard to make -- I currently do it all by hand. However, I am scared of investing into mass manufacturing (thousands+ capabilities) and then realizing there's not enough demand for my product after all.
The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive regarding the product. Many are referring their friends, who are then contacting me telling me they would buy instantly (double digit range for emails I receive weekly). The "target market" is technically around the million range, but to get hard proof that thousands+ are ready to put down their money NOW seems like it might be difficult, as in my experience, a lot of times people show diffusion BECAUSE they know the product isn't a "real thing" yet (i.e. not made by a multi-billion dollar company, not enough people have already bought it, etc.).
Of course the easiest answer is to do a Kickstarter of some sort. However, I have attempted a Kickstarter before (different product) and in my experience, a lot of people nowadays are hesitant to put money down for a Kickstarter product, due to the lack of stringent enforcement of liability on the campaign owner (in fact, for a similar product, this literally happened and has left a bad taste in people's mouths, making it doubly hard for me to go through with).
So, the QUESTION: Should I just start going into looking for investors/manufacturers and then just utilize the power of marketing/sales to get this product sold on a high scale even before 100% confirmed proof of demand at a high scale? OR should I only do this AFTER I have 100% confirmed hard proof exists for the thousands+ range?
Thank you for your help.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
