What's new

How to change career?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Lotus

PARKED
Joined
Mar 14, 2019
Messages
4
Rep Bank
$25
24 years old, software engineer, working in a company.

I had been working at a company for one year, fresh out of college.
Working life was ok. Salary was below median but it was alright. My boss was easygoing. I was the second best guy in my department.

After some careful considerations, I can apply to another company with higher salary. My plan to consider:
- Find companies on LinkedIn.
- Send my resume with current work (I was occasionally contacted by recruiters).
- They might ask for reference.
Usually they will ask for 3 references. I have a stellar reference on a non-software engineer job, but otherwise I only have this job. If I come to my boss and say I want to change career, he'd say good things about me but I don't know for sure.
- If I get another job, I'd support my current company workload until they found a new guy, and I'd even offer email support if they have any issue arises.

Let me know your thoughts on this.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Og O duni vu nz cutt epf tez O xepv vu djephi desiis, ji'f tez huuf vjopht ecuav ni cav O fup'v lpux gus tasi.
Us ji xuamf vsz vu liiq zua deati zuas temesz ot cimux nifoep epf zua'si vji tidupf citv haz op zuas fiqesvnipv. Vjev nez ci e seoti qsuqutem us sigatem vu howi huuf sidunnipfevoup og ji't e fodl. Zua qsucecmz neli jon tuni huuf nupiz.
Iwiszvjoph imti tuapft moli e huuf qmep.

Zua xuamf qsucecmz jewi vu qett ep opviswoix gus vji kuc. Vsz vu lpux xjev zua'mm ci xusloph up ev e pix dunqepz cigusi vjev, ov't gopi vu etl ov, ev mietv jisi. Vjopl ug vji citv wemai vjiz xuamf hiv gsun josoph zua epf qsiqesi zuastimg up vji vidjpodem tofi. Vjev xuamf opdsieti zuas djepdit ug tidasoph e kuc epf e civvis temesz.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom