The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Build-Up Competitive Advantage?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

gab_rinat

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 8, 2019
Hello everyone :)

Three friends of mine and I are going to make some money during New Year and Christmas. So what do we want to sell?

782655c0d9a9fe2db0-50653431.jpg
71596843_413379646275045_5223623239567069983_n.jpg
b55dfd56-da71-4e83-9743-b155e3d5b5c7_1.jpg

We want to sell gingerbread like on the pictures above. In our city (Kazan, Russia) we have six competitors. They don't have a strong brand, some of them lack reviews, so I think we could compete with them. By the way, our situation is a bit worse - we even haven't created an Instagram account to promote
Nobody in our team had ever cooked gingerbread but we can tackle this problem by cooking again and again

My main question is the following. How can we create a competitive advantage and differ from rivals?
And here are two more questions. They are last but not least
What do you sell for New Year and Christmas?
What do you recommend to sell for these holidays?

At the moment another my friend organized a team of students to sell blankets, sweaters and chocolate eggs on popular New Year fairs. He earned $6,000 in December 2018 selling blankets and sweaters. I can say it is quite a good result, especially when most of Russians make this sum of money per year. Now my friend has an investor and a team of 20 people and I'm in this group. I want to make my own project along with this so I want to find a product to sell but bring more usefulness than my rivals

Thanks for stayin' :peace: Have a nice day!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SeanODG

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 6, 2019
Chicago
Hello everyone :)

Three friends of mine and I are going to make some money during New Year and Christmas. So what do we want to sell?

View attachment 28846
View attachment 28847
View attachment 28848

We want to sell gingerbread like on the pictures above. In our city (Kazan, Russia) we have six competitors. They don't have a strong brand, some of them lack reviews, so I think we could compete with them. By the way, our situation is a bit worse - we even haven't created an Instagram account to promote
Nobody in our team had ever cooked gingerbread but we can tackle this problem by cooking again and again

My main question is the following. How can we create a competitive advantage and differ from rivals?
And here are two more questions. They are last but not least
What do you sell for New Year and Christmas?
What do you recommend to sell for these holidays?

At the moment another my friend organized a team of students to sell blankets, sweaters and chocolate eggs on popular New Year fairs. He earned $6,000 in December 2018 selling blankets and sweaters. I can say it is quite a good result, especially when most of Russians make this sum of money per year. Now my friend has an investor and a team of 20 people and I'm in this group. I want to make my own project along with this so I want to find a product to sell but bring more usefulness than my rivals

Thanks for stayin' :peace: Have a nice day!

I'll bite!

I wouldn't really work about competition. Now that you've established there's competition, you know there's a market for your products. Now, you can ignore it!

Instead, I'd focus on delivering the best possible product you can. You can make your product the best by delivering better taste, faster delivery time, more value for money, better customer service.

There isn't really a "secret sauce" to this. You already know how to do it: just go above and beyond in a way the competitors can't or won't.

Apple has a brand name going for them, but Tim Cook won't call you to ask how you like the iPhone 3 days later. You have the advantage of small scale working for you. Take care of your customers in a way the big players cannot

Kadar

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 4, 2019
Hi there! Selling gingerbread during Christmas holidays is an amazing idea. From my point of view, the first thing you should do is to create an Instagram account, as you already pointed out. You can create a competitive advantage by creating a brand (brand new product) with its own logotype. You can make a brand new product by adding something special to the product itself, to gingerbreads, in your case, in order to make them special. Then, you should create a logo for your product, that will be shown up on your Instagram account. I used to create some logotypes for my art and design classes last year by using following website www.logaster.com/logo/. You only enter your brand name and click “create”. There are many great choices out there, just check it out. Best of luck!

Last edited:

Katherine

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Mar 11, 2019
Singapore
Royal icing cookies? A client of mine does that and what stands apart? You can conduct workshops or classes to teach cookie decoration or simply just conduct cookie jamming session for both children and adults. They will have lots of fun. Good luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.