The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Build Trust?

Marketing, social media, advertising

DangerousDave

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 12, 2018
Upper Peninsula, MI
I have an idea to potentially generate income.
I would generate traffic via Facebook ads. It would be a pretty typical sales funnel that would end with them providing their info, or possibly clicking a referral link. Then, if it was their info, I could generate leads from that traffic.

But, the area this is in would require the person to divulge information that could lead to identity theft (not to me, but to the company that I am referring them to) if I were unscrupulous and referred them to a non-reputable party.
So, how can I build trust so they would be willing to provide info me their info and therefore the lead?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
What information are we talking about?

DangerousDave

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 12, 2018
Upper Peninsula, MI
Without saying what Im generating leads for, it would be similar to if I was generating leads from Car Insurance companies.
They call you to quote you for a policy, and part of the application process is giving your SSN. So, THAT kind of info.

Of course, all Im asking for is contact info.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Tough sell for an unknown. That is info I wouldn't give out to anyone apart for those who already have it, period.

So ask yourself who are already doing this and how are they achieving it? If it is being done already then it should be easy enough to track your way through their funnel. If it is down to the fact they have huge trust and authority in that space then there lays your problem.

In that circumstance I would look to see if you could get paid to send traffic directly to them. Either on a lead-gen basic or as an affiliate commission per sale.

DangerousDave

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 12, 2018
Upper Peninsula, MI

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Validation by security companies and testimony from people that benefitted and didn't get their identity stolen.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
Be aware that there are state and federal regulations about data retention and transmission of SSN and other similar data. If it were me I would look at becoming PCI compliant to store and transmit this data. Data breaches of sensitive data can cost you a ton not to mention regulatory fines for not being compliant in the first place. Just ask equiFax.

I’ve done a lot of work with mortgage lead gen, and we always stayed away from SSN data for the above reasons. Even though the lead value would have been higher had we prequalified, the hassle and costs of dealing with SSN data was not worth it.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I have an idea to potentially generate income.
I would generate traffic via Facebook ads. It would be a pretty typical sales funnel that would end with them providing their info, or possibly clicking a referral link. Then, if it was their info, I could generate leads from that traffic.

But, the area this is in would require the person to divulge information that could lead to identity theft (not to me, but to the company that I am referring them to) if I were unscrupulous and referred them to a non-reputable party.
So, how can I build trust so they would be willing to provide info me their info and therefore the lead?
Other than regulatory issue (which is a big one on personal data protection), I think you just need to hang a carrot.

People do not fully trust Airbnb and Uber at the start because cost saving in a shitty economy is a good choice for millennials who tend to be less on guard on more trusting.

DangerousDave

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 12, 2018
Upper Peninsula, MI
Be aware that there are state and federal regulations about data retention and transmission of SSN and other similar data. If it were me I would look at becoming PCI compliant to store and transmit this data. Data breaches of sensitive data can cost you a ton not to mention regulatory fines for not being compliant in the first place. Just ask equiFax.

I’ve done a lot of work with mortgage lead gen, and we always stayed away from SSN data for the above reasons. Even though the lead value would have been higher had we prequalified, the hassle and costs of dealing with SSN data was not worth it.

As I said in the original post, I am not collecting, transmitting, or in anyway directly connected to that personal data.
But they need to trust me enough that Im not sending them to a spoofed website or anything.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.