The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to battle 3-5pm

Anything related to matters of the mind

cants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 10, 2011
I don't know but I can't seem to be productive around 3-5pm, I tend to get sleepy while looking at the computer doing nothing. Okay, I lied, while watching just for laughs video on youtube. It makes me feel guilty but I don't know how to overcome it. I fight procrastination by watching videos on how to fight procrastination, wtf.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Don't eat heavy carbs at lunch!

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
I don't know but I can't seem to be productive around 3-5pm, I tend to get sleepy while looking at the computer doing nothing. Okay, I lied, while watching just for laughs video on youtube. It makes me feel guilty but I don't know how to overcome it. I fight procrastination by watching videos on how to fight procrastination, wtf.

I have the same problem! I seem to wake up full of fresh ideas and then by about 4PM, I'm totally burned out and out of ideas. I like what my boss does. He works on stuff and goes about his day from 10 till about 4, then he goes home and takes a nap for a few hours, and then gets up and works into the night. I'm still in school at the moment, so this pattern doesn't fit my schedule, but once this semester is over, I'm going to test it out. I think it could really increase my productivity.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
Just be on task and productive from 10-4. 12 hour days are over-rated. I don't know anyone whose productive for 12 hours a day. I'm a firm believer in working smarter not harder...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I can do more in 5 hours working on my own than I can working 12 hours for a corporation. It is amazing how many useless meetings you get dragged into when you work for a company. The key is not having to be forced into set office hours per someone else's ideal schedule. If you work for someone else, try Red Bull. If you work for yourself, simply adjust your schedule to your optimal productivity.

Blaze Your Own Path.

cants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 10, 2011
I have the same problem! I seem to wake up full of fresh ideas and then by about 4PM, I'm totally burned out and out of ideas. I like what my boss does. He works on stuff and goes about his day from 10 till about 4, then he goes home and takes a nap for a few hours, and then gets up and works into the night. I'm still in school at the moment, so this pattern doesn't fit my schedule, but once this semester is over, I'm going to test it out. I think it could really increase my productivity.

I will try this. might as well do the laundry or run some errands.

cants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 10, 2011
I can do more in 5 hours working on my own than I can working 12 hours for a corporation. It is amazing how many useless meetings you get dragged into when you work for a company. The key is not having to be forced into set office hours per someone else's ideal schedule. If you work for someone else, try Red Bull. If you work for yourself, simply adjust your schedule to your optimal productivity.

Blaze Your Own Path.

thanks sir!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Your boss must be very smart! ;)

Russell

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 3, 2012
Cambridge, UK
I'd second the too many carbs suggestion. Carbs are bad for a lot of people. I used to be falling asleep at 7pm every night, I'd be struggling to stay up. Now I eat a high animal fat, very low carb diet and I feel sleepy about 15 minutes before bed. I sleep 7-8 hours a night but turn off all the lights a few hours before bed and use a program called F.lux to block blue light from my laptop. First thing in the morning I pull open my curtains to get bathed in light, but since going almost no carb I don't feel groggy or in the least bit tired.

I'd strongly recommend looking into all this, it's changed my life. Dr. Jack Kruse is a good place to start but requires some heavy reading!

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
5 Hour Energy! Haven't you seen the commercials! LOL

Hokoleskwa

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
May 25, 2011
Denver
I find physical activity is a huge help. I work 7-4 in my day job writing code, then I come home and work another four or five hours developing my business on the computer. It's madness if I try and do it for twelve straight hours, so I walk during my lunch at noon, and I hit the gym around 4. It gives my brain a chance to rest and reset, and creates a residual energy rush that continues for hours after.

VinceT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Oct 20, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Something I put together is a stand up desk (basically my desk with a perfect height coffee table from ikea), so I don't sit much during the day. This helped me quite a bit to keep the energy level up.. Also, you have to be interested in what your doing otherwise nothing will help.. Gym is perfect to recharge after work, I have been doing crossfit and its great.

I can't seem to post a link but search the web for an info-graphic "sitting is killing you".. Great stuff

anthonysfree

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 13, 2012
i ususally drink a Vital Green or Athletic Green drink (just google) it helps give you that boost thats way better than coffee

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Want to beat that 3 o' clock feeling? Try 5 hour energy! For that 3 o' clock feeling... or that 5 o' clock feeling... or that 7 o' clock feeling.

I hear cocaine does a great job too...

Ah-chuckle-chuckle-chuckle

Change how you move, breathe, and what you focus on. 100 jumping jacks will do the job. It'll take you a minute at most. Get the blood flowing.

Supercar

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 14, 2012
Michigan, Arizona
Split your lunch in 2 portions. Eat the first half at the regular time, and then the second half ~3 hours later. The increased metabolism, energy, along with some hunger will get you jumping, and won't let you sleep.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.