The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to avoid factoring?

sk24iam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 22, 2009
Washington DC
I plan on using a merchant account/payment gateway to allow users to auction and sell goods to one another similar to ebay. Would it be considered factoring if peer buyers paid with credit card and peer sellers received money through bank deposit? How do I go about avoiding factoring?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BurnBright

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 8, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
One way is to charge a flat fee for the listing and allow the users to transfer fund with their paypal accounts.

Another way is to have a system that releases fund only when you are confirmed that delivery has taken place. This is difficult when you are not in possession of the goods yourself. Maybe a third party can provide this service.

It is funny but a business I was researching merchant accounts for today was accused of appearing as a factor also. I think I have a solution but it is different from what yours will be and have yet to confirm if it will pass the no factor requirements.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.