See Bankrate.com's article, How Smart Landlords Handle Rentals. What do you think?
- Never accept a credit report that a tenant brings you
- Never listen to sellers as to what the expenses are
- Ask for a copy of a bank statement
- Buy adequate insurance and require renter's insurance
- Write your own lease
- Deal with lead, mold, and other hazards before there is a problem
- Consider a property manager
- Join an association
- Get an adequate deposit, before move-in, in cashier's check, certified check, money order, or cash
Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.