The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How quickly things can change....

BEAR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 11, 2007
Montana
Its been 3 months today that I decided to change my life and get my health back in order. I was not going to put up with being a type 2 diabetic!

I quit drinking any alcohol with the exception of the occasional bottle of red wine. Yep, no Jack and no beer...... don't even miss it.

I changed my eating habits 180%. I now eat at least 6 times a day, all small meals. I cut out all bad carbs completely, no bread, cereal, I even stopped eating cheese. My diet consists of tons of fruits and vegetables, clean meat (chicken, fish, eggs etc), healthy carbs in moderation (sweet potato's, oats, etc) and healthy fats (whole peanut butter, avocados, olive oil, etc).

I lift weights 3 days a week and walk up to 6 miles a day the other three.

I am very proud to say that after checking my glucose levels this week, my levels are below 100 (down from an average of 200 and high of 400). That is in the normal, non-diabetic range!
I should add that I stopped all medication 2 months ago so my success is purely from being dedicated to a healthy life.

I have only lost around 15 lbs (I'm holding at 250-255lbs) but my pants size has gone down 3+ sized and my body is noticeably much less "fat" and more defined muscle.

Quite an impressive beginning to a new lifestyle for me and am excited to see how much of an improvement I can gain in the next 3 months!

My goal is to be in the best shape of my life by the time I hit 40.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

artfuldodger

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 22, 2013
Congrats, that's awesome! I was diagnosed as being prediabetic last year and switched to a low glycemic diet. It hasn't been that hard to do and I lost any extra weight and feel way better ever since. It's crazy how bad sugar is for our bodies. All the best.

JasonC

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jan 9, 2013
Good stuff! I changed my health dramatically in the last 6 months. All of the changes were very gradual but now I physically feel the difference! I eat much like the way you do.

Here's a little tip:

1) Make sure you get all your nutrients (all the vitamins and the trace minerals that most people don't know about). Organic Life Vitamins by Natural Vitality has the entire spectrum of trace minerals.

2) Load up on Chromium and Vanadium. These two trace minerals will help undo Type 2 Diabetes. You can buy them cheap via iherb.com (like under $6.00 by Source Naturals). But it's critical that you get all the vitamins and minerals as they are all co-factors.

Hope this is helpful!

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
What? Don't do it the hard way, that's crazy. Just do what they tell you on informercials, and take a pill to fix everything magically!

But seriously - well done. It's all in the mindset. Once your mind's ready for change, the body will follow.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Freaking awesome ... stuff like this reads like a Fastlane success story because health IS wealth.

Big congrats and keep it up. :thumbsup:

BEAR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 11, 2007
Montana
Thank you for the words of encouragement!

I started out with the determination to reverse my diabetes, I just never thought it would be possible in only 3 months time. Goes to prove that you are able to do whatever you put you mind, heart and soul into.

Yes, my energy levels are incredible as well as the mental focus that comes with a healthy lifestyle. My business life is easier to work with because my mental focus is sharper due to my physical energy!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
wow, what an improvement!!!

I love hearing these stories as they motivate a lot of people.

Based on what you are feeling, how likely is it for you to stick to this way of living? After three months it is clear you have created a new reality for your life, but it is very easy to fall off the wagon so making these changes a new habit is the key.

I took Before pictures and will plan to keep them in front of me as a reminder of what will happen if I don't stick to the new habits.

my energy levels are incredible as well as the mental focus that comes with a healthy lifestyle. My business life is easier to work with because my mental focus is sharper due to my physical energy!
I've noticed this too. Suddenly I am sharper and smarter, and when I don't work out I feel like something is missing.

Also, a lot of peer/society pressure comes into play when I have work lunches (like yesterday) or social events and I struggle a little bit about what to order.

It's crazy how bad sugar is for our bodies.
Agree with you. And how messed up is that you now find fructose corn syrup in everything. I had a cold, wanted to drink Nyquil and found out it has high fructose corn syrup. Really? Even cold remedies? No wonder diabetes is so common.

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
Thats awesome to hear. Congrats!

Just watched the doc Forks over Knives. The data put forward in that movie really has me thinking about making a change. Its too much to ignore.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.