The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How much back end do I need to start selling?

hatedsalesrep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 2, 2017
Orlando, FL
Hey guys.

Newcomer to forum and book but been focused on creating an entrepreneurial life for sometime now.

I'm currently pursuing starting a company doing Real Estate Data --(gathering data using analytics for agencies and helping them make business decisions in all fields of their business using this knowledge). I also have WordPress, and Digital Marketing knowledge that I plan to offer(but main focus is data).

Now I have the name in my mind, I have the logo done and the domain but I haven't created it yet. I know in the book MJ emphasizes "Look big, act small" and when I get everything running digitally I plan to make the website give off a professional atmosphere while providing A+ customer service. I do have my own portfolio site but it might not look professional.

So I am in the process right now of calling Real Estate agencies telling them about this service that would benefit them. Can I just call and try to build connections ASAP or is it not even worth it until I have the domain? My worry is if they ask "whats your website"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hatedsalesrep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 2, 2017
Orlando, FL
Did you run this by a realtor that you know?
No I haven't. I see what you mean, I haven't tested the demand/need specifically with agents. I'll get a hold of a family friend and post on some forums with realtors to get opinions. That'll also make it easier to market if I have the perspective of an agent. Thanks for that good question.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
No I haven't. I see what you mean, I haven't tested the demand/need specifically with agents. I'll get a hold of a family friend and post on some forums with realtors to get opinions. That'll also make it easier to market if I have the perspective of an agent. Thanks for that good question.

Bingo!
How can you create a product if you don't know what the customer needs?
Why do you need back-end if you don't have a product?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hatedsalesrep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 2, 2017
Orlando, FL
Bingo!
How can you create a product if you don't know what the customer needs?
Why do you need back-end if you don't have a product?
Absolutely. Looks like I tried to rush it too soon. Also I just realized I could call the real estate agents just to ASK them if they consider this a good product and if they would use it. It's a double win for me since if I get 10 wows then I already have them interested, and if not then I got direct confirmation its not needed..

hatedsalesrep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 2, 2017
Orlando, FL
wow. I got so much insight on myself from just doing that specifically. I got one person to say "good idea but not for me" while 20 others hung up on me before even listening to me talk after I expressed its for them and I am not selling anything. Shows how you can read books on influence/sales but putting it into practice is like going from minor league to hall of fame.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
wow. I got so much insight on myself from just doing that specifically. I got one person to say "good idea but not for me" while 20 others hung up on me before even listening to me talk after I expressed its for them and I am not selling anything. Shows how you can read books on influence/sales but putting it into practice is like going from minor league to hall of fame.

It's hard to get realtors to talk on the phone with a random stranger about something you want to sell them. Most are extremely busy. Try cold emails and follow up with people who are interested with a phone call.

I'd also start reading blogs by and for real estate agents so you can better understand what they do on a daily basis, what tools they use, which tools they hate or what they'd like to improve. I bet there are many such blogs with people clearly saying what they don't like about a specific service they're using.

Other than that, heed @jon.a's advice. If you aren't a realtor, you absolutely need to talk with some real estate agents and understand their profession. Otherwise it's extremely unlikely you'll create something they'd find useful.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.