The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How much are you currently making on your published books?

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
A friend of mine just put out an E-book. So I asked him how hes doing with it. His response was not very encouraging. He claims that he has only made $50 from his book. ( which is priced at 3.99). I'm sure much of this could be improved with marketing but how much success have you guys had as a kindle publisher?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
It's really tough to make money on self-published books. I have helped several authors publish their books on Kindle and Createspace (where people can order actual physical copies of the book), and only one of them has made more than a hundred dollars in sales (and all of those sales were from people that they know who bought their book) without implementing some sort of marketing plan.

The most successful woman that I helped has sold several hundred dollars worth of copies, but she ordered actual print copies and has set up book-signings, etc. And she tells EVERYONE about her book.

None of them wanted to pay for me to help them work out a marketing plan, etc, I suppose because they were thinking that it would be easier than it is. It's just like any other product or service - it has to be marketed in a smart way. If no one knows about the book, why should they order it?

Thriftypreneur

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 8, 2013
I think that only a very, very, very small number of authors will ever make any money off of a book or three.

I also think that the people who make any reasonable amount of money self-publishing are those who aren't so much worried about selling a single title, as they are selling an entire catalog of titles. You likely have a better chance of winning the lottery, twice, than you do getting rich off of one or two books.

Although, I'm currently not making anything as I'm just getting started. So my views aren't based on experience, but research.

Breaking Free

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Aug 4, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I've made $16.34 from my three titles. Give or take a few cents.

It's a time and content game. Accept the fact that your first book sucks and you need ten more to sell it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Why do you ask?

1 title can sell.

you still write more. in fact its tge best reason to.

napier

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Feb 14, 2013
I just recently published my first book on Amazon. I don't know if I just had good luck, but I have sold over 120 copies in less than 2 weeks. The book is only priced at 2.99, but it is consistently ranked in the top 10,000 on amazon.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.