The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How money can make YOU almost immortal

australianinvestor

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 4, 2007
Australia
Wow, I'm on a roll. Thanks to being stuck in my store today, here's another idea from the dark allies of my brain.

I consider life to be a period of time in which to do things, not acquire things. The great Australian / American dream of home ownership, newer and nicer cars, etc. All nice, but not the reason we are here.

We are here to DO things. Spend time with great people. Go sky diving. Fall in love. Fall asleep in a hammock in your garden at 1pm on a Monday. Change the world. Etc. Buying things is secondary to this.

Considering we have 1 lifetime to do this, how can we, as business people and investors who are used to making things bigger and better, get more than one lifetime?

Here's what I'll do to live ten lives:

Hire people.

You spend a few bucks to buy their time to do the junk time-wasting, non-life-fulfilling stuff you'd normally do. House cleaning, driving, shopping, everything but what you were meant to do.

Now that you suddenly have a load of extra hours, go and do what you should be doing to make your life meaningful. Imagine being on your deathbed before and after this process. Before, you might be happy with the life you've led. After, you might be very happy, since you've crammed ten times the amount of doing into your life. Economies of scale work here, too. You'll get good at investing, you'll get good at philanthropy, you'll get good at being a Dad/Mum/friend.

So, in summary: hire people and live more!

(Is this idea warped enough, or what? I've had a few blank expressions when I've explained this to people!)

Daniel.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
In another thread (why be rich, I think) a little of this was discussed. I believe the same as you do. Money buys time, time to do things!

The blank expressions...maybe they feel offended by your statement: "Hire people.
You spend a few bucks to buy their time to do the junk time-wasting, non-life-fulfilling stuff you'd normally do." You could try to explain this in a "softer" way to rat racers ;)

australianinvestor

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 4, 2007
Australia
You could try to explain this in a "softer" way to rat racers ;)

True :) Although it's hard work battling through rat race mentality to explain stuff like this. For people I care about, I'll invest the time, but for others, although I would like to be able to help them, I need to invest my time elsewhere :) Besides, educating people like this is Robert Kiyosaki's specialty! He does it far better (and more profitably) than I ever could :)

Daniel.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.