The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • NOTICE! The forum software is currently being upgraded. During this time, the forum may have intermittent downtime, specific functions may not be available, and/or the user interface may look different.

How long do you spend trying to make sales before you bin it?

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

DamienRoche

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2009
I'm in a position where I can spend a good 30 or so hours a week using my programming skills to build anything I want. It's difficult to decide on any one thing. My aim is to make publishing a priority, whether that's websites, applications, books, blog posts -- just start building value and refine as I go along.

However, because it is quite difficult to not be overwhelmed by the amount of opportunity, I'm going to put a limit on the amount of time I spend validating, building and marketing an idea before either continuing to improve it, branch off, or drop it all together in favour of a fresh idea.

Current plan is to only work on an idea for 4 weeks. If I can't build it and be making potential customers within that time, then it isn't small enough of a project. Has anyone approached their ventures in this shotgun-like manner and experienced the good/bad? Should I be spending more time executing ideas and is 4 weeks completely unrealistic?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE  Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
FU. 4 DAYS. 50% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE! If you're an Upwork freelancer, you'd be a fool not to...
MARKETPLACE  NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (50% Off Deal Now On)
Just added in some more bonus courses so now up to 4... We have a full super detailed...
MARKETPLACE  You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
One year ago, I was just your average software developer who always consumed content about...
MARKETPLACE  For Sale: Food Brand with 4 Years of Happy Customers in a Fast-Growing Niche
So to get certified, it cost a fortune? How much exactly? That sucks that these "health...
MARKETPLACE  Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE  Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom