The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How Long Do You Keep Your Cellphone

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
One Plus have fanboys too.
Ask a question on Amazon & watch them fly into action! :hilarious:

Yeah, it's amazing how a brand can create a community with free ambassadors.

I used to own a Google Pixel 2, had it for +2 years then the battery started draining very fast. Didn't want to go with Pixel again, I don't want to spend much more than 500 bucks for a phone anyway (they're hard to get in Europe anyway). And I needed a slot for 2 sim cards.

So since 2 weeks I got a OnePlus 7T. Have to get used to its massiveness still.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Money_master

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Aug 3, 2018
I’ve been in computers and technology for 30 years. When I was young I would run and chase the latest and greatest phones and tail. Now that I don’t chase tail any longer I let my phone die, before I go buy a new one. A Samsung flag ship generally lasts me about six or seven years before they are dead on their back. Used to get free phones all my life. Now that I have to spend $1000 on a new phone and the service prices have gone up I definitely will let the phone die, which can be 10 years. I think we are way over saturated with new technology. People used to drive the same car for 25 years and now it’s often 2. Considering the cars are 10 times more expensive, this is ludicrous. Most things don’t make sense any longer, every other YouTube video I watch has an advertisement from a 20 year old kid telling me how to become a millionaire or better yet billionaire. Treasury is printing money as if paper is going out of style. The world does not make much sense any longer.

In a technologicly driven world that is constantly innovating and improving how many years of service do you get out of your cell phones? Which system do you prefer Android or Apple? What device do you have now and how long have you had it? Which device gave you the most value & service for your money?

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
Iphone
5-7 years
No updates and no over night charging.

datagod

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Nov 29, 2019
I use Xiaomi. Around 3 years old, pure gold.

To be honest when I was deciding if i should buy it... I was worried 150$ looked like gimmick to me. But i did understood that all those huge companies spend shitload of money on advertising ,price is 10x higher oh well...

and to be honest its more than good. I can write, call.More than enough for me. Battery is great, no lagging etc. Apart from that I do try to stay away from cellphone as much as I can. It's a great way to find a inner peace/calmness when everything is on a mute.

agm8478

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 26, 2020
Dallas, TX
In a technologicly driven world that is constantly innovating and improving how many years of service do you get out of your cell phones? Which system do you prefer Android or Apple? What device do you have now and how long have you had it? Which device gave you the most value & service for your money?

I have an IPhone 6 and have had it for a few years now. Mind you, I'm not opposed to new technology, but I am deeply opposed to going through the tedious agony of moving my stuff to a new phone, when I know for a lead-pipe cinch I'm gonna lose pictures and bookmarks and phone numbers. Never mind the sales pitch about cloud storage and "it'll all transfer I promise" bullhockey - it does NOT all transfer and trying to retrieve my phone contacts from five years ago from the cloud - it's a load of junk! I am keeping this phone as long as I can stubbornly postpone the inevitable.

I will politely step down from my soapbox now, but if I happen to kick the ATT/Verizon clowns in passing, please don't think badly of me. You wanted to do it too.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Xiaomi MiMax 2. Big a$$ screen with big battery life and fast specs (for its price), can do work on it (Google sheets etc.) like a tablet.

I love stuff like Microsoft Windows and Google's Android, always hated Apple crap and their system. UI sucks, speed sucks, Steve sucks, Tim sucks, packaging sucks, design sucks, everything sucks. If someone gives me an Apple phone or Macbook, I'll sell it away to get a non-Apple one.

You know those wireless Apple airpods people stick into their ears to listen to music? From a distance away, it looks like they rolled some toilet paper and stick that up their ear holes to block out noise. Ugly.

Itsmeantonios

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 28, 2020
Canada
I currently use a Google Pixel 2 XL that I purchased second hand in March of 2019.

I still have no issue with it and enjoy using it. I can't stand iOS so I will likely be an Android user until the day I die.

I use my phone until it dies or the battery degrades so badly I am forced to upgrade. My last phone was a Google Pixel non-XL that I couldn't stand the lack of battery life after having it 2 years.

Prior to that was a Galaxy Note 4 which I loved. It had a replaceable battery and I had that phone for quite a long time until it unexpectedly had some kind of internal memory corruption issue and became a brick.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.