The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I Went From Working 2 Hours A Day To Working 8 Hours A Day In 30 Minutes.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
I'm sorry if you expected a Tl;Dr insightful post, this isn't it.

This is a quick fix/magic pill method for those who:

1) Are addicted to their computer/Xbox/Whatever
2) Have access to a working environment like a library, coffee shop or an educational establishment/study area.
3) Have read every motivational book under the sun, understand the processes that motivate humans and still haven't even taken real steps.

Here's the pill. Give your PC monitor/TV/Xbox/All of it to a friend to hold onto for an indefinite period of time. Until you complete your goals. Or until you realize that there's a life beyond the gadgets. Friend has to live some distance away.

I did this recently, I have never seen anything work so well. SWIM has taken drugs that haven't had this level of effect. Seriously, try it. It's simple, it's anti-climatic, and it will probably work for you. It will enable to you take action. Whether that action is building a business, changing your self-image, going out and exploring the world. Whatever it is.

Go.

EDIT: Let me add that that this has not required an ounce of 'active motivation' on my part. No affirmations. No Tony Robbins. No Eric Thomas. It's not even about motivation at this point. My alternative is to sit in a beautiful, well-cleaned, well ventilated, but EMPTY room and stare at the ceiling. WORK IS my ENTERTAINMENT. It's 03:05am right now and I've completed 5 weeks worth of coursework over a period of 3 all-nighters (deadline is next month, in case you were wondering), I understand most of my math syllabus (I used to have the self-image of a mathematical imbecile about 2 weeks ago.) And I have a business idea that I'm in the process of executing. All of this came through defining my goals, changing my environment, and changing my self-image (in progress). It did not feel like a North Korean work camp to me, and it won't feel that way for you, that's a promise.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
About 80-90% of your posts on this forum have been abrasive, insulting and offered no value.

Piss off and don't come back to my thread.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
This worked for me as well. I cut my access to video games, movies, TV, time-wasting websites and time-wasting friends, now my entertainment pretty much consists of working on my fastlane goals, and it's not bad at all. I feel a lot more at peace too. In the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson: "As a cure for worrying, work is better than whiskey." Great method.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.