The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"How I made 100k a month flipping houses in 1978.".

Operation_OPM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jul 16, 2008
Hyper Hustle Zone, Quadrant I-4
I've noticed a lot of the old time guru's and some new regional-internet guru's are offering their warez....for free...or so it seems.

There is a 100% chance you are also signing up for some sort of coaching/mentoring program that is desinged to bill your card monthly-reoccurring...for the rest of your life. Most do give a 30 day opt out clause ....a lot of the local-internet marketers you can reach almost directly through an assistant.....it is the savvy old timers where you can catch hell trying to cancel the subscription or get a refund. Not hating (I buy everything just to have an edge)...just warning the folk new to the industry, because guru's are usually the first encounter with "education" most get since SBA, SCORE, NAR and other free educational resources tend to not market themselves well.

Basically you are paying for the coaching/mentoring, since... their book and most of the information in their books can be found in the library or on the internet for free.
Read the fine print and cancel if you must buy their book....or schedule time to utilize the coaching/mentoring....but don't be a statistic.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Forbes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jun 3, 2010
Are you referring to any specific program? There are different ways to pay for coaching. I know you can profit share and pay per session.

Personal coaching is still better than reading a book. if you have the opportunity to get a mentor take advantage.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Re: "How I made 100k a month flipping houses in 1978.".

In short, who cares. That's like saying "How I made $100K a month selling Atari and Intellivision game consoles" or "How I made millions repairing typewriters!"

What worked in 1978 surely is irrelevant now -- new times, new economy, new circumstances, new lending, new government regs, why should anyone care?

Operation_OPM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jul 16, 2008
Hyper Hustle Zone, Quadrant I-4
Forbes-They all have revamped their programs online and are now giving the materials/books away for cheap/free with the coaching as the fine print offer. I agree, coaching/mentoring is an excellent way to go, my post was a warning to the student just starting out...read the offers carefully and cancel or don't agree to anything you do not want.

PhxMj-Proved my point...as battle-worn and successful you have been in life you went for attacking the thread based on it's title....you responded without even reading the post...your responce was purely emotional based.......imagine how many prospective business owners/investors make the same mistakes when they're enthusiastic about learning and they get an email offer stating...."Flip your way to 1 Million course on sale for $1"...then proceed to offer up CC info without reading the content...read before you leap, that's all I'm saying.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
you went for attacking the thread based on it's title....you responded without even reading the post...

Uh wrong. I did read the post - I felt what needed commenting was the title, not what was after since I agreed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.