MJ DeMarco
I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Read Choose Hard!
How green is the aero garden?
I don't know whats up with my family/friends, but they always buy me the craziest gifts. They tell me I'm impossible to buy for cuz I just go out and buy whatever I want, so they resort to "gag" gifts and infomercial products ... you know, Shamwow, Snuggie, George Forman Grills ... stuff that ends up in the garage.
Anyhow, the GF sticks me with an "Aero Garden" for XMAS. (Thank you :smug2
It's a hydroponic grower.
So I assemble this thing and plug it in, set the seeds and wait.
As I wait, I wonder, how "green" is this thing? I'd imagine the carbon footprint on this thing is HUGE, far beyond the vegetables grown ... I'd think that the "Carbon Footprint" on this thing is X20 the output.
1) The product is packaged in a big cardboard box.
2) The product is mostly plastic.
3) The product is plugged into the wall and requires electricity 24/7.
4) The product's lights are on 8 hours a day.
5) The product's lights have to be replaced every 6 months. (I'm sure at 29.95 per light)
6) The product's "seed kits" are 20 bucks a pop.
7) The product's seed kits are boxed in more plastic and cardboard.
So I'm wondering, is this product green? Or just a clever disguise to grow expensive vegetables that will cost me $1.50 per cherry tomato?
Is it GREEN?
I don't know whats up with my family/friends, but they always buy me the craziest gifts. They tell me I'm impossible to buy for cuz I just go out and buy whatever I want, so they resort to "gag" gifts and infomercial products ... you know, Shamwow, Snuggie, George Forman Grills ... stuff that ends up in the garage.
Anyhow, the GF sticks me with an "Aero Garden" for XMAS. (Thank you :smug2
It's a hydroponic grower.
So I assemble this thing and plug it in, set the seeds and wait.
As I wait, I wonder, how "green" is this thing? I'd imagine the carbon footprint on this thing is HUGE, far beyond the vegetables grown ... I'd think that the "Carbon Footprint" on this thing is X20 the output.
1) The product is packaged in a big cardboard box.
2) The product is mostly plastic.
3) The product is plugged into the wall and requires electricity 24/7.
4) The product's lights are on 8 hours a day.
5) The product's lights have to be replaced every 6 months. (I'm sure at 29.95 per light)
6) The product's "seed kits" are 20 bucks a pop.
7) The product's seed kits are boxed in more plastic and cardboard.
So I'm wondering, is this product green? Or just a clever disguise to grow expensive vegetables that will cost me $1.50 per cherry tomato?
Is it GREEN?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
