The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How "Gas" became the fastest million $ revenue Consumer App & How I will try to do the same

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
While the Big Tech firms are crumbling, there are a few apps growing against the grain:

1668363025751.png

Gas is an anonymous social app where you can pay to see what your friends say about you.
"The app for teens that is refreshingly positive" —Gizmodo
"The hottest app right now? One where teens have to say nice things" —The Wall Street Journal
Gas is where friends tell you what they love about you.
And no, they won't dunk on you like other anonymous apps.

They don't care about retention, they just wanted the app to blow up, have people pay to know what friends think about them & make a lot of $ in a fast way.

In 10 days Gas hit a million dollar in sales :moneybag:

The key to growth was trying it out at a specific high school, tweaking the results and then focusing on another high school.

If you want to know more about the story behind Gas on the My First Million podcast:

So, circling to my own products.

I have 2 social apps in the pipeline:

1. A Web3 Patreon named Creaton, app is ready to be launched
2. A Gen Z Reddit/Forum for creators to engage with their audience

Creaton has been in the works for quite a while, but it has been an uphill battle trying to make a social app that works smoothly enough to actually get users who aren't crypto experts.
Now with newer protocols being integrated, the user can sign up with email, create posts immediately and doesn't have to sign any transaction other than when subscribing to a creator.

Still, there is a very tiny niche that Creaton can target and grow with (crypto-curious musicians, bloggers, gamers and artists).

For Creaton, the first growth hack I want to try out is to integrate a free AI Art generation feature (Stable Diffusion, as DALL-E & Midjourney aren't open-source) and have people show off their AI art. There seems to be an overlap between the crypto & AI community and their interest in new technology, so this seems like the easiest group to target.

Now with the Gen Z Reddit/Forum, I partnered up with an Influencer Agency which represents the biggest Youtubers on the platform.
So like Gas, we can iterate very quickly with an instant user base.

I actually take quite a bit of inspiration from this forum, as MJ DeMarco is the "creator" which kickstarted this community, uses it to grow a valuable community where people both come from the books and from the internet to then read the books!
Other than (starting to be active again in) this community I'm an avid Discord user and have joined several paid Discords where I learn a lot and make lifelong friends, also quite active in Reddit.

But the key that I see missing is that only young people use Discord, and that Discord moves too quick, therefore making a new platform that mixes the best features of a forum with other features that are still interesting enough for the young minds that are used to 5 second video clips.

For now I will keep it at this and keep everyone up to date on how things go and what I'm learning along the way!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Gas is an anonymous social app where you can pay to see what your friends say about you.

What's to prevent someone from saying, "He's a big fat ahole?" What prevents kids, from being kids?

So everything is moderated? And only the positive is presented?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
What's to prevent someone from saying, "He's a big fat ahole?" What prevents kids, from being kids?

So everything is moderated? And only the positive is presented?
Looks like there are only prompts you can choose out of, and then people can vote on different answers

1668443484000.png

Funny thing is that there was spreading a rumor that it was used for sex trafficking, not sure if the founders did this on purpose to generate hype, but they claim it was spread by the CCP to avoid competition with bytedance or something lol

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/11/09/debunking-gap-app-sex-trafficking-rumor/

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.