The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do young drivers get insurance on supercars

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
As much as it pains me to say this as a commercial underwriter, you can insure your exotics way cheaper under a commercial policy than through a personal lines carrier. I see Aston Martins, Ferraris, etc. that belong to the owner under the auto policy for the business he/she runs, and it is significantly less expensive, due to lower commercial rates and the spread of risk when you have multiple autos on a policy.
that's awesome rep +!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

xmartel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jul 22, 2008
Canada, eh!
Not that I've got the fancy car yet, but if/when I do I'll afford it by living where I live. Saskatchewan.

18 yr old just got his license, red Lamborghini Aventador insurance and registration - $3,276

40 yr old woman, black Lamborghini Aventador insurance and registration - $3,276

Our licenses are also about $25/yr here.

Can't drive it half the year here, but it's cheap to when you can.

Nothing here is based on discrimination. i.e. 18yr olds are more likely to have an accident, red cars are more likely to have an accident. It's all based on your actual driving record and everyone starts at 0. Every year you drive without an at fault your insurance goes down. Every at fault you have insurance goes up.

Here's the calculator that tells you what any car would cost.
https://www.sgi.sk.ca/online_services/rate/index.html

G

Guest14692

1. It's possible that esurance just isn't an exotic car underwriter. Companies like Hagerty or American Modern have taken control of that niche. Exotic rates are usually cheaper, relatively speaking of course.
Exotic/Classic/Antique Cars are
A. Better maintained
B. Driven less than traditional cars
C. Depending on the rider, aren't even covered when taken off your premise and not occupied. With most policies, if you leave your exotic car overnight at a hotel for example, aren't covered and any perils during that time are on you.

For that reason rates CAN POSSIBLY cheaper and if you are an agency, good luck making a profit on such a lower premium/commission.

2. As much as Justin Beiber deserves to fall down a flight of stairs, I just heard a song from him called All That Matters, and it has one of the tightest guitar riffs I've heard in awhile. I suggest you check it out. I also suggest that Beliebers still catch on fire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.