Okay I need to post it. I have been searching the question for 2 days and it seems everyone already knows so I need to ask.
How do you actually start a business? I know you need a business license, maybe, and I know i would be looking for an LLC. But thats about it. I do not know how to get the source for my products, (thinking of a pastry selling company) I do not know how i am to pay for starting it (am I buying all the equipment/ingredients?) who to sell to, etc. I mean, I know I would want the product in specific stores but I dont think they would just be like "Hey sure kid sell your product we have never heard of here. Matter of fact, we will distribute them to all out stores."
I assume you go and find companies who make similar items, ask them to make it, and you can sell it. What I do not get is how this differs from licensing a product, which I steered clear from because 1. less control and 2. the rediculous price to obtain a patent. But it that case, what stops them from just taking your product you've given them to make?
I do not think I even know all the questions that I dont know. Or perhaps I am overcomplicating it? Can someone direct me to where I can learn?
How do you actually start a business? I know you need a business license, maybe, and I know i would be looking for an LLC. But thats about it. I do not know how to get the source for my products, (thinking of a pastry selling company) I do not know how i am to pay for starting it (am I buying all the equipment/ingredients?) who to sell to, etc. I mean, I know I would want the product in specific stores but I dont think they would just be like "Hey sure kid sell your product we have never heard of here. Matter of fact, we will distribute them to all out stores."
I assume you go and find companies who make similar items, ask them to make it, and you can sell it. What I do not get is how this differs from licensing a product, which I steered clear from because 1. less control and 2. the rediculous price to obtain a patent. But it that case, what stops them from just taking your product you've given them to make?
I do not think I even know all the questions that I dont know. Or perhaps I am overcomplicating it? Can someone direct me to where I can learn?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
